Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly though, didn’t we hear about some big fight in real time and expected suspensions. I remember mid season seeing that posted.

Seems to have some merit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes 

2 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I call BS on the Romeo stuff. He literally just posted a video on Snapchat last week of him, Hunter, and Phinisee goofing around at Steak and Shake.

That video was from before the season started. I remember seeing that post last week too but it said "from your camera roll X months ago."

Rob had several posts on his Instagram about a girlfriend back when he first came to IU. Just checked now and they're all gone. Of course, there could be a thousand reasons for a break up, but just to stir the pot there was in fact a girlfriend who appears to no longer be the girlfriend. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly though, didn’t we hear about some big fight in real time and expected suspensions. I remember mid season seeing that posted.

Seems to have some merit.

The post I believe you are referencing was from Bailey on Feb 10th. Green was suspended in January so that timeline doesn't make sense.

Good summation. The first step to me is for IU to compete every. single. game. All of them. Mailing it in (which happened several times this past year) or "slow starts" (euphemism for going through the motions) are the single most unacceptable issue to me. I can accept IU getting beat by a better team. I can accept bad luck or not playing their best. Personally I've had enough of not trying/hustling/caring. That is my greatest disappointment with Archie- he has a reputation of being a hard-nosed, scrappy competitor.....and his IU teams have been.....well lets just say the opposite of all those things. They have been soft, passive, dumb and casual. I think it was Aloha that said he wants "dawgs" and I agree.
I didn't watch much between the Nebraska and  home Mich State games because I was (and still am) thoroughly convinced I cared more about the outcome then several players. I've spent 0 time busting my tail for IU basketball, so why should that be the case? Good question.
Anyway, I'm fine with Archie cleaning house. I don't give 2 $h!ts about their NBA aspirations or IU's student bill of rights- if they don't want it then flush them and find someone that does. I want results, but as always, that isn't an accident and I will be much more forgiving of W-L record if the players are clearly giving 100% every game. It's been a few years since that happened. 

WayneFleek has been calling for dawgs for awhile. I believe a term was originally used that didn’t sit well with some posters so dawgs replaced it.

Man, I really hope Hunter and Franklin have that mentality. I hope Durham steps up this offseason and Phin joins the pack.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That video was from before the season started. I remember seeing that post last week too but it said "from your camera roll X months ago."
Rob had several posts on his Instagram about a girlfriend back when he first came to IU. Just checked now and they're all gone. Of course, there could be a thousand reasons for a break up, but just to stir the pot there was in fact a girlfriend who appears to no longer be the girlfriend. 

Interesting. Missed that detail about the date. Even still, hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t care what anyone says, I saw plenty of improvement in Al Durham this year. He’s played far more time in two seasons as a 250+ ranked recruit than anyone should ever expect. He doesn’t need to be a stud - just a player with some guts.

Agreed, I believe it was the Nebraska game and O$U in the tourney where it looked like he was fighting while everyone else just stood there and took it. Give me a boatload of that over talent that doesn’t give a damn. Hopefully with some players leaving and coming in he’ll find his voice to help lift some other individuals.

1 hour ago, BH33 said:

Sure, but to blindly call it BS? Why? Because it’s far reaching and hard to believe? It’s too easy for ppl to quickly call BS like it’s a fact. Gets old

So you think Green was totally cool with the idea that was put out that he failed a drug test as a smoke screen? That stuff follows you into adulthood.  I pray for your safety (go buy a helmet) if you or anyone else believe that to be true.

1 hour ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Isn’t this a former IU player? Would have more credibility than a random person on social media I would believe.

You know how I know you don't know much about social media....take that as a badge of honor though.

So you think Green was totally cool with the idea that was put out that he failed a drug test as a smoke screen? That stuff follows you into adulthood.  I pray for your safety (go buy a helmet) if you or anyone else believe that to be true.

Didn’t he have some weird posts on social media around that time frame?