Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

If you think that anybody who says we need to win NOW is thinking we need to win a championship immediately, then they are delusional.  We weren't a tournament and our top two scorers are likely gone.  I'm not sure why you would even list that as a possibility.
I just want to make the tourney next year. I do not think that is an unrealtic expectation but maybe I am delusional.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I just heard some crazy inside information. There is gonna be A LOT of offseason moves. Thought this season was a mess before, even bigger mess than what any of us realized. You can almost guarantee Clifton (already gone), Smith, Green, and Damezi are out the door. Some decent transfers leaning IU including Brunk, Ashton-Langford from Providence, and Lewis from Bama. Archie going to be cleaning house.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honk honk....wanna back up the deets truck here?

I just heard some crazy inside information. There is gonna be A LOT of offseason moves. Thought this season was a mess before, even bigger mess than what any of us realized. You can almost guarantee Clifton (already gone), Smith, Green, and Damezi are out the door. Some decent transfers leaning IU including Brunk, Ashton-Langford from Providence, and Lewis from Bama. Archie going to be cleaning house.

That was posted on another site and is bs. Lewis s not comimg to iu.

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

That was posted on another site and is bs. Lewis s not comimg to iu.

It’s BS just because it was posted on Rivals, or has actually been refuted by someone deemed credible?

51 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Ok well that exact thing was posted on Rivals yesterday.  So did your source read it on that site?

I'm sure we're targeting those transfers, but if history is any indication, we get maybe 1 of those guys.

19 minutes ago, BH33 said:

It’s BS just because it was posted on Rivals, or has actually been refuted by someone deemed credible?

That is not how it works and you know it.  Just because it has NOT been refuted....does not In any mean it has any credibility.  There is no way that anyone with any credibility is going to comment on that.

If the locker room info and the transfer info is coming from the same source then I'll also call malarkey. I was giving most of the story a fair chance of carrying some merit until it got to Kira Lewis. That's not happening and I doubt we're even a consideration for him.

I just want to make the tourney next year. I do not think that is an unrealtic expectation but maybe I am delusional.

I want to make the Tournament also. No one on here doesn't want that. It's just that some of us don't agree with some of your opinions. I respect your opinions even though I disagree with some. Hopefully you reciprocate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I agree but there is an approach that helps win now but doesn’t necessarily create a sustainable situation. In fact, we had someone take the win now approach and we did have some success but at the expense of rules and culture.

You could take shortcuts (cheat) or get kids who can play great basketball but might not want to go to classes or might like to make some extra money doing some illegal things.

Archie has a tough road now since he is already in year 2 and what should have been a better year for us ended up being a disappointing season. There are legitimate questions now about Archie’s ability to connect, motivate and coach high level players. Similarly can he work with one and done type kids while not alienating the multi year player.

He probably needs to find hungry, lower ranked kids who want to put in extra time to improve. Initially this might be a young team that hopefully makes the tournament (even if barely). But at the same time, you have a core from which to build on the next year.

He is going to need some kids to play above their ranking in order to get us competitive next year. Purdue did that this year so it can happen but I hope Archie does not try and shortcut the process (unless he is really good at it )

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good summation. The first step to me is for IU to compete every. single. game. All of them. Mailing it in (which happened several times this past year) or "slow starts" (euphemism for going through the motions) are the single most unacceptable issue to me. I can accept IU getting beat by a better team. I can accept bad luck or not playing their best. Personally I've had enough of not trying/hustling/caring. That is my greatest disappointment with Archie- he has a reputation of being a hard-nosed, scrappy competitor.....and his IU teams have been.....well lets just say the opposite of all those things. They have been soft, passive, dumb and casual. I think it was Aloha that said he wants "dawgs" and I agree.

I didn't watch much between the Nebraska and  home Mich State games because I was (and still am) thoroughly convinced I cared more about the outcome then several players. I've spent 0 time busting my tail for IU basketball, so why should that be the case? Good question.

Anyway, I'm fine with Archie cleaning house. I don't give 2 $h!ts about their NBA aspirations or IU's student bill of rights- if they don't want it then flush them and find someone that does. I want results, but as always, that isn't an accident and I will be much more forgiving of W-L record if the players are clearly giving 100% every game. It's been a few years since that happened. 

21 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

That is not how it works and you know it.  Just because it has NOT been refuted....does not In any mean it has any credibility.  There is no way that anyone with any credibility is going to comment on that.

Sure, but to blindly call it BS? Why? Because it’s far reaching and hard to believe? It’s too easy for ppl to quickly call BS like it’s a fact. Gets old