Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

We need two impact guys. Archie needs to win and win NOW. We can’t miss with our open roster spots.

We need guys who are better than they think they are or at least as good as they think they are.

We have had stretch of guys that aren’t as good as they think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Winning consistently is more important than winning NOW.   Indiana needs to be in the top 3-4 in the Big Ten next season; make the NCAA tournament, perhaps win a few games; and then do it again.  And again.  And again.   That's far more important than a "NOW" one year solution.

Well at least we agree on long term vision.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I just said he won’t be a grad transfer if he leaves 

Was under the impression that all of the Crean players stayed in Bloomington over the summer, attended summer school, and worked out.  As a result most met their graduation requirements in three years.

We need two impact guys. Archie needs to win and win NOW. We can’t miss with our open roster spots.

I agree that we can't mess with open roster spots. But I'd probably prefer signing Beverly or Quinones over a grad transfer, even though the grad transfer would provide more immediate help. That may not be an option, in which case I'd still be happy to get a grad transfer.

Archie needs to focus on signing good players who will be in his system long term as that leads to sustainable success. What got Crean into trouble is that he kept desperately filling gaps instead of having a sustainable plan. Sometimes it worked out great, but ultimately it got him fired. I don't think that means we should ignore one and dones, but you can't just focus on the upcoming year as Crean seemed to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if anybody posted this (if so, my apologies for the repetition), but here is Clifton's farewell: 
[/url]  

Classy statement and plenty of classy replies from IU fans. That’s what you like to see when a situation doesn’t turn out the way those involved were hoping.

I agree that we can't mess with open roster spots. But I'd probably prefer signing Beverly or Quinones over a grad transfer, even though the grad transfer would provide more immediate help. That may not be an option, in which case I'd still be happy to get a grad transfer.

Archie needs to focus on signing good players who will be in his system long term as that leads to sustainable success. What got Crean into trouble is that he kept desperately filling gaps instead of having a sustainable plan. Sometimes it worked out great, but ultimately it got him fired. I don't think that means we should ignore one and dones, but you can't just focus on the upcoming year as Crean seemed to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While true he cannot miss the tourney again and go like 18-15. That could get him fired. There would be zero guarantee of a 4th year imo. I doubt fred gets to make that decision this time so I think he really needs a couple of grad transfers next year. He needs immediate help.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Any interest in Derrick Smits the center from Valpo?  7-2 and 240 grad transfer.  He was leading scorer and rebounder.

Edited by BottomLine
add information

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Winning consistently is more important than winning NOW.   Indiana needs to be in the top 3-4 in the Big Ten next season; make the NCAA tournament, perhaps win a few games; and then do it again.  And again.  And again.   That's far more important than a "NOW" one year solution.

I guess I don't get the "winning consistently is more important than winning NOW" line if you are using a caveat of "needing" to finish top 3 or 4 in the Big Ten next season and winning a few games in the tournament.  You are basically saying that we need to win NOW and continue it.  That's fine but it seems to contradict your statement.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

If there were 4 guys leaving then it would be Moore, Anderson, Smith and Forrester but I HIGHLY doubt that. I don't see any way we get Lewis. I like him but we're just not on his radar right now. Sorry I wasn't counting Romeo

If a guy claims we are getting Lewis, he doesn't have knowledge of anything.  Lewis has tons of options and he has no direct knowledge if where he is going.