Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

IMO, I thought Fitzner was at least a willing defender....not a good one, but willing.  I thought Clifton never looked like he knew his defensive responsibilites.

He had a few blocks. Now he might have been blocking shots because he lost his man but he did have a couple of blocks. Teams seem to put him in screen and rolls because he got lost on them. 

C'mon doc; we're talking the standard for a huge upgrade from the production we received from Clifton Moore! ;)
Tijan would be an even swap; maybe even a slight upgrade for the comedic message board content his "Ligerness" brought.

Brunk

7.6ppg, 3.6rpg, 18 mins

Moore

1.7 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 4 mins.

I really don’t know.

What I do know is when we face Kaleb Wesson, Nick Ward, Haarms, Fernando, and the such we won’t have the advantage at the position.

He seems like he could be a useful piece don’t get me wrong, just not as excited after research.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

Wanted: 6'5'' Farm Boy that eats steak from a cow he named, had a basketball in his crib, and wouldn't come inside after supper until he made 100 three pointers.  Bonus: names "Pistol Pete" as his favorite movie of all time.

How about a guy like Ricky Roe?  But we aren't going to buy his dad a tractor!

With only 13 scholarships to give, a coach has very little room for mistakes.  Get a few too many wrong and you are looking for a new job.  It also goes the other way.  A player goes to a school thinking he is going to be a star and then ends up at the end of the bench for two years or more.   Wish I had seen more of what Moore could do but frankly he was on the path to be the next Priller (who I also would have liked to see more, but what do I know?).  Sometimes it is best for all concerned to just say that it isn't working out and move on to a new place where there is a better opportunity.  It really isn't anyone's fault.  Looking at IU's roster for next year, Franklin and Jackson-Davis are locked in.  I can't see Durham, Phinisee, Forrester, Hunter, or Thompson going anywhere.  They seem to be valued by the staff and can see a path to the future.  A month ago I thought Davis might be a grad transfer or physically unable to perform but a strong finish to the season probably makes his a definite return now.  That makes four question marks.  Will Langford take the money and run?  I don't think he is a lottery pick right now but is probably still in the first round.  I can see him (I hope) not declaring and going through the NBA evaluation camp.  Have never thought Green was happy at IU and how he was being used.  The comments he made about the fans when he was suspended lead me to believe that he has at least considered the grad transfer route.  Smith is another that I suspect isn't totally happy.  He just doesn't seem to be committed much of the time. If he considers leaving it would be as a sit one and play two.  Guess is that he stays at least until he graduates but who knows.  Anderson seems to be a lost man right now.  Don't know what the staff is telling him but he doesn't look happy.  He had his opportunity earlier in the year and just didn't come through enough to permanently crack the playing rotation.  Will next year be any different?  If not, the writing is probably on the wall and I can see him looking for another situation where he is more appreciated.   It isn't always easy to divine what is going through the mind of young men, who all probably have a touch of ego.  But, sometimes it isn't so hard either.  Whatever happens, IU is still my team and I wish happiness and the best to everyone.

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Some guy on another site claims four guys are leaving. He also claims we are getting brunk and lewis so i say its half bs.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If there were 4 guys leaving then it would be Moore, Anderson, Smith and Forrester but I HIGHLY doubt that. I don't see any way we get Lewis. I like him but we're just not on his radar right now. Sorry I wasn't counting Romeo

4 minutes ago, BottomLine said:

I can't see Durham, Phinisee, Forrester, Hunter, or Thompson going anywhere.  They seem to be valued by the staff and can see a path to the future.  

I have no inside knowledge but based on little playing time, Race getting time, and especially if we get Brunk, I would not be suprised if Jake leaves.

Let me put this to rest right now. We will not have anyone leaving IU as a grad transfer this offseason. 

So Green is for sure staying? That would be good news. Seemed like the switch flipped from a performance and attitude standpoint late in the season, but I was still a little nervous that he might be gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Let me put this to rest right now. We will not have anyone leaving IU as a grad transfer this offseason. 

This does not include Brunk, since he has two year left.

I don’t want grad transfers being our mo but we need a shooter so badly are you sure we would pass up a good shooting grad student (and no, I don’t mean one that average 4points a game at St Mary’s ) ?

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

So Green is for sure staying? That would be good news. Seemed like the switch flipped from a performance and attitude standpoint late in the season, but I was still a little nervous that he might be gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just said he won’t be a grad transfer if he leaves 

To be a grad transfer one has to graduate.

Tough sledding for either of the two juniors to leave: got to find a good program that wants them and is willing to use two years of scholly on a one year player. Also tough for a junior to sit one to get to play only one.