Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

For what it’s worth there are plenty of rumors that Brunk is coming to IU and going to law school. I know that sounds strange and would be very difficult for an athlete but this has been stated by multiple people on a butler message board. They said Brunk to IU is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Clifton transfers - it is hard to blame him. He needs to go somewhere he can get minutes to fulfill his potential. No inside information but I put the chances of him transferring over 80%. Romeo will go pro - so we have two spots.I hope Forrester and Race stay.
I could see anderson leaving as well. If not he should probably redshirt.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I mean Smith could get in the gym and get shots up and work on his ball handling skills. There are plenty of team managers who are with the program to rebound for players at all hours of the day. I’d hope if Smith wanted to be a wing he’d be busting his @$$ to prove that he was worthy of getting minutes there. I know nothing was ever given to me and when someone said I couldn’t that was just all the more ammo for me to prove them wrong. I guess he could just vent to the media about how he was wronged though.

Give me the kid that’s willing to prove it over talking about it. We need DAWGS.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This is true. I had a chance to get a tour of the weight room, new locker room etc a few weeks back and our guide made the comment that back in Knights day the team had to share gym time with several other teams. He showed us how a kid today has a card and can scan in and come in and work whenever they wanted.

Someone quicker than I quipped “then why can these kids shoot better than kids on those teams”. Certainly a true statement but also true is that when a coach wants you to play a position he also wants you to play that position a certain way.

Don’t get me wrong, as a fan I want kids like AJ Moye who Knight recruited as a guard but who had to play the 4 and 5 positions for Davis. AJ did not sulk but instead he gave it his all and we all remember that Boozer block.

But as a parent, if I have seen how Morgan had to play out of position the last 2 years even as one of our best players I can understand some skepticism regarding where my son would play. I have had several kids play sports and am more inclined to have them follow the route you did but that does not mean that I don’t understand parents that see things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

For what it’s worth there are plenty of rumors that Brunk is coming to IU and going to law school. I know that sounds strange and would be very difficult for an athlete but this has been stated by multiple people on a butler message board. They said Brunk to IU is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As someone in law school right now, I have no idea how anyone could do it while playing division 1 basketball.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

As someone in law school right now, I have no idea how anyone could do it while playing division 1 basketball.

Yes - this invalidates the rumor. If you’re Kareem Abdul Jabber - Archie might sign off on you going to law school. A backup center? Nope.

12 hours ago, Beachfront Property said:

Yes - this invalidates the rumor. If you’re Kareem Abdul Jabber - Archie might sign off on you going to law school. A backup center? Nope.

Does this mean we can still get Kareem Abdul Jabbar? I believe he has eligibility left but none for Lew Alcindor 

13 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Which rumor are we invalidating? That Brunk is going to law school while he plays for IU or that Brunk is even considering IU?

I think people were saying that it's really hard to be in law school while also playing CBB. I believe he comes to IU but not 100% on that yet

I think people were saying that it's really hard to be in law school while also playing CBB. I believe he comes to IU but not 100% on that yet
So an iu wind direction crystal ball?

I knew about the law school part although (as a law school graduate) I don't think it would be too hard to do both. Lots of people have worked their way through law school taking more than the usual three years. Does anyone know why he is leaving Butler?

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

So an iu wind direction crystal ball?

Yes I was told as early as December that he would be a grad transfer here. But also knowing that OSU is now involved we will have to wait to see what happens. But this wasn't the first time he has made it known about transferring to IU.

Yes I was told as early as December that he would be a grad transfer here. But also knowing that OSU is now involved we will have to wait to see what happens. But this wasn't the first time he has made it known about transferring to IU.
Good we are desperate for some good news after brooks