Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s marvelous, but I do care about other teams. All I was doing was pointing out it happens to a lot of other teams(which now I know you don’t care for). To me, it shows even hall of fame coaches can show a lack of preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Duke look completely unprepared a few times during the season. And usually by the first time out we’re back on their groove. To compare that to looking completely unprepared for 10 minutes stretches in the first halves of easily 20+ games is just not genuine. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s marvelous, but I do care about other teams. All I was doing was pointing out it happens to a lot of other teams(which now I know you don’t care for). To me, it shows even hall of fame coaches can show a lack of preparation.

With the consistency of us last season?  Game after game regardless of the opponent?  I do watch other teams, but I don't use the results of other teams to excuse the performance of my own.  That's what I don't care for.

I did watch quite a bit of Duke last year (it was hard to avoid lol), and I didn't see the constant slow unprepared starts that we had.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Deron played 9 games of that 13 game stretch and Devonte played 10. And primarily the games they missed were in the smack dab middle. 

But hey don’t let facts get in the way 

Many of which include very low minutes totals as he was working his way back into shape and Archie notably mentioned that De'Ron came back too soon but hey playing 5 minutes seems to be equivalent to being available for 25 minutes so long as he "played."

Anymore cherry picked stats?

Duke look completely unprepared a few times during the season. And usually by the first time out we’re back on their groove. To compare that to looking completely unprepared for 10 minutes stretches in the first halves of easily 20+ games is just not genuine. 

More then a few and it wasn’t just until the first timeout they had stretches where it would take the whole first half.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

More then a few and it wasn’t just until the first timeout they had stretches where it would take the whole first half.

Even if you could name 10. That still wouldn’t change the fact that I’m not sure you can name even 10 IU games where we came out less than flat. 

11 minutes ago, Aeggie said:

Many of which include very low minutes totals as he was working his way back into shape and Archie notably mentioned that De'Ron came back too soon but hey playing 5 minutes seems to be equivalent to being available for 25 minutes so long as he "played."

Anymore cherry picked stats?

He played double digit minutes 13 of the last 14 games. But we should say he came back for the last 8 games to make your point less absurd mmkay. 

With the consistency of us last season?  Game after game regardless of the opponent?  I do watch other teams, but I don't use the results of other teams to excuse the performance of my own.  That's what I don't care for.
I did watch quite a bit of Duke last year (it was hard to avoid lol), and I didn't see the constant slow unprepared starts that we had.

I can only speak for myself but I didn’t use other teams result as an excuse for IU. I used them to show IU isn’t alone which you could care less about because your only worried about IU results. We see things differently on some things and that’s ok. This happens to be one of them. I’m unhappy as anyone about the slow starts but I watched team after team do this over year and coached by more experienced coaches then Archie. He has an off-season to look through the tape and figure out the problem and solution. If for some reason this problem continues into his next 2 years then the cycle of the last 25 years will continue and they will hire a new coach and some on here will like I’m and give him some rope and others will not.

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He played double digit minutes 13 of the last 14 games. But we should say he came back for the last 8 games to make your point less absurd mmkay. 

Only as absurd as pretending once players return the chemistry automatically comes back as soon as they do but maybe from the perspective of an armchair general it makes sense 

Double digit isn't anywhere near De'Ron's typical minutes load but suuuuure 10mpg is a meaningful line to draw and not one that just makes your bad faith argument look better lol

Edited by Aeggie