Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

I’d be lying if I said I felt comfortable with anyone involved with MSU athletics given the pervasiveness of the very serious rape situation at that campus over the decades.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Good point

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I’d be lying if I said I felt comfortable with anyone involved with MSU athletics given the pervasiveness of the very serious rape situation at that campus over the decades.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly, watching their game earlier? After they won to reach the final four all I had was two thoughts. 1) we beat their a$$ twice this year!!! and 2) after all the s**t that's gone on in their program under Izzo's watch they're going to the final four and he, the media, and other coaches just act like life's grand and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's really pretty pathetic. Makes a person think there is no justice and ya wanna vomit. I think Cal is shady but at least he doesn't have that crap happening! 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Kyle Guy did. Just bad luck he didn’t feel a bond with Crean. There will always be kids that will be IU fans living in Indiana

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, when Crean doubted that he had the athleticism for this level.... was told this by someone close to Kyle Guy. He would have been a Hoosier had Crean came after him earlier and believed in him.  By the time IU showed interest in him, he wa sold on Bennett and Virginia. 

2 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Well..... at least it looks like we beat the NCAA Champion twice this year. So, there’s that. emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Statistically Virginia is the most heavily favored from what I have seen. 

On 3/31/2019 at 12:03 AM, RealIU said:

Agreed, on the mediocrity pertaining to coaching! Proof is in the pudding, see Ohio State last 3 mins at Assembly Hall! We missed on Holtmann!

You sound like someone who played for many mediocre coaches or at UK either one. :-)

My 2¢:

- There will be kids that grow up liking IU.  Some will just be fans of the program, some because of certain players.  This is where Vic can be a factor, from being at IU and now starring for the local NBA team.

- Some kids will like the way the team plays and/or the personality of the coach.  This requires on court success.  We obviously have a way to go here. Because he's still establishing his 'culture', this is where Archie must (and Crean failed miserably at) establish a positive reputation with coaches throughout the state.

- Some kids will be influenced by what other players have chosen to play here - such as Langford & T. Davis. Also some will base interest on players who go on to the NBA. It's very early in the CAM tenure for there to be much here, with only one of his recruiting classes having played.

Regardless, of whether a kid has prior interest before his recruitment, Archie has to sell, and convince them that this is the place for them.  The two things I really want is for the staff to find kids with the right skill sets and mindset to fit the vision, and for the kids we recruit to want to be a part of the team and culture - not to string every thing out based primarily on their own future aspirations.

TL;DR

I'm not as concerned about kids growing up wanting to play here as much as making recuits really want to be part of the program.

So no other division 1 caliber player in the history of the IHSAA anymore will ever grow up being a Indiana basketball fan. Not one kid? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Good enough to play at IU? I’m not talking Grant Gelons. Guys who can actually play at a high level. It’s going to be an incredibly small pool of players to pull from.

Good enough to play at IU? I’m not talking Grant Gelons. Guys who can actually play at a high level. It’s going to be an incredibly small pool of players to pull from.

Agree it will be a smaller pool then it once was 25 years ago but you said 0 players. 0 is different then a small pool of players. Absolute button problems? Dropping to the 42 in overall wins and 44 in overall winning percentage the last 25 years was going to impact the size of the pool but there will always be kids from Indiana that grow up wanting to play at IU

30 minutes ago, RealIU said:

Nope never played for Archie, Mr. Insider emoji23.png
Just calling it how it is. You can travel to any gym in Indiana, California, North Carolina etc and they are saying the same thing about Archie. I will give you an example I seen first hand Archie attempted to recruit Cole Anthony and The Family immediately **** that down, due to coaching philosophy differences.

Have you ever played for a coach by the name of deez?

1 hour ago, RealIU said:

Nope never played for Archie, Mr. Insider emoji23.png
Just calling it how it is. You can travel to any gym in Indiana, California, North Carolina etc and they are saying the same thing about Archie. I will give you an example I seen first hand Archie attempted to recruit Cole Anthony and The Family immediately **** that down, due to coaching philosophy differences.

What was the philosophy difference? Let me guess...CAM won't let a privileged ball hog kid come in and run the show. I watched alot of Anthony and it is all about him!