Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

5 hours ago, Honkyman said:

No, let's talk more about Crean and Priller and April and all those bad players Crean recruited years ago. That is the perfect focus for a threat entitled "The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?" And, let's believe unsubstantiated rumors about having to keep Crean's recruits (even though Miller pushed one of them out of the program).

How about a different angle? What should IU do to bring players into the program who can shoot 3-pointers at a respectable rate? I have to confess to feeling jealous watching Purdue hit 15 3-pointers last night on their way to the Elite 8. How do we get guys like Ryan Cline and Carson Edwards to come to IU? Should IU even be considering recruiting Joey Brunk when what we need most is shooters?

Go to the HYPER.  :) 

What was up with CAM and McKinley Wright in year one. Wright ended up at Colorado. He would have been a difference maker. Was CAM told hands off?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

If Archie was told to do his best to keep Crean's recruits, then we didn't have a spot for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I think they need to bring someone in to work with the players.  Shooting issues, especially free throws, are a trend in Miller's entire career so I have a hard time blaming players (at least the players solely) for that.

Not to be like this :)   aren't those what Asst Coaches do?

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Fitzner averaged 5 PPG at St. Mary's.  I wish I understood the high expectations, but I don't.   I was far more disappointed with the complete lack of growth by Moore.  Forrester was a freshman.  Thompson was too, for all practical purposes.   Moore showed nothing for a sophomore; and while I wish him well, we won't miss him.

Yeah, not finding minutes this year........wish him the best, that was the right decision for the young man

1 hour ago, Schreckbagger said:

What was up with CAM and McKinley Wright in year one. Wright ended up at Colorado. He would have been a difference maker. Was CAM told hands off?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

CAM told Wright that he wanted him to stick with his commitment to Dayton.  He did tell him that if he wanted to come to IU that a scholarship would be available, but I don't think he actively recruited him after that.  C;est la vie.

18 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Sure would have been nice to have Aaron henry.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Read my mind.   Even worse that the one who took his spot didn’t  score a point in 2019 and looked lost the few times he played.

After a year with the MSU staff. No guarantee that would have happened here 

Kid doesn’t need a staff to push him to get better. He would of been good regardless of where he went. He is a winner. That was noticeable his sophomore year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kid doesn’t a staff to push him to get better. He would of been good regardless of where he went. He is a winner. That was noticeable his sophomore year

Yep. Some people just think Archie has no idea at all how to develop players. Guess they didn’t watch al Durham this year, Or how much better juwan got.

Just now, HoosierRobbie said:

Yep. Some people just think Archie has no idea at all how to develop players. Guess they didn’t watch al Durham this year, Or how much better juwan got.

2 players out of 14. I’m no math expert but seems like a bad percentage. 

Damezi looked just as good if not better in high school. The fact one looks lost now probably a result of the different environments.