Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

This. Few people are willing to recognize the hurdle this team overcame at the end of the year regardless of making the field of 68 (or not).
1-12 could have been even worse. But they rose to the occasion against some solid teams at the end of the year and still had themselves in consideration for March. They played better than expected without Langford. They seem to have overcome whatever personal dissonance was afoot during that stretch. And the injury bug; you’d have thought it was a communicable disease on this team.

Believe it or not, there was a little positive in all that was the 2018-2019 season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Did we really play that well without Romeo though? I mean the competition wasn’t that great either

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Did we really play that well without Romeo though? I mean the competition wasn’t that great either

No we didn't, period!

St francis was way over matched. Our 2, 3 and ft % against Arkansas were worse than Romeos averages and we all saw how we looked against WSU. I'd  sure liked to have swapped some of those drives, Phinisee, Green and Durham had with it being Romeo instead and see how that game would shake out.

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

So when we have a halfway decent season again, will it be the 4th or 5th time "We're Back"? I've lost count.

My guess is it won't matter how many 'we're backs' it is if as soon as they lose a Syracuse sweet sixteen type of game we're ready to run him off.  Impatience has bred more impatience.  

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

My guess is it won't matter how many 'we're backs' it is if as soon as they lose a Syracuse sweet sixteen type of game we're ready to run him off.  Impatience has bred more impatience.  

Yes because expecting a coach to know Syracuse was going to use a zone was totally ridiculous 

Yes because expecting a coach to know Syracuse was going to use a zone was totally ridiculous 

How many other coaches knew Cuse was going to play zone and get embarrassed? I get it that it’s against a zone but to act like their zone is a normal 2/3 zone and it’s crazy talk that a coach struggled against it isn’t the whole story. I’ve seen way better coaches then Crean struggle against it

Same crap different game. Effort disappeared for stretches, boneheaded mistakes, could shoot threes or FTs.....

Not its just a convenient excuse. That St. Francis team was terrible

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No we didn't, period!
St francis was way over matched. Our 2, 3 and ft % against Arkansas were worse than Romeos averages and we all saw how we looked against WSU. I'd  sure liked to have swapped some of those drives, Phinisee, Green and Durham had with it being Romeo instead and see how that game would shake out.

You all know they could have completely folded without him, but they didn't.

If you expected them to pound the competition and play seamless basketball at that point, after alllll the crap of this season, then I don't know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

You all know they could have completely folded without him, but they didn't.

If you expected them to pound the competition and play seamless basketball at that point, after alllll the crap of this season, then I don't know what to tell you.

That wasn't the question. Seems like every little crybaby over Romeo had to latch on to "we are playing better without him".

That wasn't the case.

I'm all in, all the time, for Indiana Basketball. I went to all 3 nit games. I appreciate that they didnt mail it in game one, but nothing about the play was "better without Romeo".

I’m sick and tired of hearing about this coach and that coach. You don’t win games unless you’re mentally and physically tough. It doesn’t matter your position. We have a bunch of kids that want to be coddled because they didn’t get to play the position they wanted or the coach didn’t get them enough shots. The ******* kids need to prove themselves. If they don’t want to prove themselves they can go join the e-sports league so they can play whatever damn position they want.

It’s not a democracy it’s an autocracy. We have kids all smiles and giggles that it’s over. What does that say about you and your competitive spirit?! It’s a damn shame they get the privilege to wear that uniform and use that practice facility when their only concern is themselves.

Aloha, Aloha, Aloha!!! Preach my man!

That wasn't the question. Seems like every little crybaby over Romeo had to latch on to "we are playing better without him".
That wasn't the case.
I'm all in, all the time, for Indiana Basketball. I went to all 3 nit games. I appreciate that they didnt mail it in game one, but nothing about the play was "better without Romeo".

I don’t know how some can say that IU played better without Romeo. That’s lunacy

Maybe the phrase should be "better than expected." Because they did play better than most thought they would. Romeo sitting out was their invitation and excuse to completely check out on the spot. I don't know if I'm being referenced to as a crybaby or not, but you get the benefit of the doubt.

And NO. Of course they weren't going to play better without him than with him. No one expected that.

No we didn't, period!
St . Francis was terrible and Arkansas with gafford probably would have beat us. We barely won as it was. And last night we got schooled.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Maybe the phrase should be "better than expected." Because they did play better than most thought they would. Romeo sitting out was their invitation and excuse to completely check out on the spot. I don't know if I'm being referenced to as a crybaby or not, but you get the benefit of the doubt.

And NO. Of course they weren't going to play better without him than with him. No one expected that.

Your first paragraph is definitely fair. They played better than I would’ve ever thought, BUT there are people actually saying we played better without him. I don’t know why or where that logic comes from (I actually do, some IU fans get upset about one and dones), but I don’t think it’s even close to being true. We will miss Romeo, or at least I know I will. 

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

They got to the moon with that thing, I trust it!

C'mon man, they faked that thing more than a Lori Loughlin kid getting into college.

But for reals, y'all know that the astronauts were actually shooting for Mars.  Since they were from Purdue, they only reached the moon.

Your first paragraph is definitely fair. They played better than I would’ve ever thought, BUT there are people actually saying we played better without him. I don’t know why or where that logic comes from (I actually do, some IU fans get upset about one and dones), but I don’t think it’s even close to being true. We will miss Romeo, or at least I know I will. 

My favorite is the group saying we’re better without him is also in the same group as the people all up in arms over him going to the NBA. If you thought we were better without him, why would you be upset that he’s leaving? Just crazy. I think the combination of the losing skid and Romeo not quite fitting into Archie’s scheme resulted in a lot of the fans to show their true colors and has really made this season one of the least enjoyable ones I can remember. Some of the things I overheard just last night about Romeo when I was leaving the game would be enough for me to never want to come here if I were a recruit of any level, not just a high-level recruit. That’s coming from a lifelong fan who dreamed of playing for this team when I was a kid just like I’m sure a lot of you did.