Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

20 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

This isnt Wichita State.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

And IU isn't Gregg Marshall's team, so I guess I don't see the point.  He's been there 12 years.....he might, you know, actually like it there despite being offered multiple high major jobs.  He's coached 21 years and had two jobs.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And IU isn't Gregg Marshall's team, so I guess I don't see the point.  He's been there 12 years.....he might, you know, actually like it there despite being offered multiple high major jobs.  He's coached 21 years and had two jobs.

Plus he’s making big time $. About 2 mil reasons to stay.

I just think archie has to get it done next year or year four will be toxic. He would be coaching for his life and the fan base will mostly have turned on him imo. Threr years without an ncaa will really make things difficult for him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I been an Archie fan and I dont think many of the issues are his fault BUT I think he is coaching for his life next year.
After what 4 ncaas out of 11 years fair or not he will be. Also I do think by year three you should be showing big improvement if you are the guy to get it done. I had hoped by now we would already know he was the guy. Another coaching change and well its another three years to see if we got the right guy. I may just take up golf full time as a hobby at that point.

5th? Boy I do not see 5th. Most big ten teams return alot next year. I just do not see right now how we finish in the top half. Call me pessimisstic I guess.

People are just looking for hope. Sadly, we will like finish 8th and below. Might include an NCAA birth? That depends on how weak the bubble is next season. Michigan State will be the team to beat if Winston stays as they’ll be starting Winston, Langford, Henry, Tillman and Ward. That’s probably good enough to start them out at #1 in the nation next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This game epitomized the season: inability to hit shots, inability to hit free throws, inability to defend against the 3-point shot, too often lackadaisical effort. Now IU loses its two best players. We're getting one starter recruit in Trayce Jackson-Davis who may be a better defender than Juwan Morgan but not likely a better scorer. It's a stretch to predict that the team will be as good as this year's team given who is coming back.  Maybe Al, Rob, Devonte, and Justin will become consistent shooters/scorers but what are the odds? Coach needs to lose that way too predictable weave offense because it rarely seems to put players in a position to score.

None of us know for sure what has gone on internally with this team. But if rumors are true that there have been issues between players that can explain a lot.  I'm counting on our coaching staff taking the steps necessary to deal with that now that the season is over and believe they will do so.

9 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I really dislike being pessimistic, but I can't help but feel like a downer when I think of next year.  I honestly don't see much improvement unless we land some more recruits or impact grad transfers.

My gun-to-the-head prediction for next year's starting lineup is:

Phinisee
Green
Smith/Durham
TJD
Davis

That starting lineup will be good enough for maybe 5th in the B1G.

I will politely disagree with that lineup sniffing the top half of the BIG.

I really dislike being pessimistic, but I can't help but feel like a downer when I think of next year.  I honestly don't see much improvement unless we land some more recruits or impact grad transfers.
My gun-to-the-head prediction for next year's starting lineup is:

Phinisee
Green
Smith/Durham
TJD
Davis
That starting lineup will be good enough for maybe 5th in the B1G.
If we're lucky

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

Pains me to say this but..... right now.... Archie is not showing a glimmer of hope that he’s the right guy. We are roaming aimlessly in the wilderness. Extremely disappointing/disheartening.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archie is one dimensional and that needs to change.  Defense is great, and much improved over the year.  But you can't do that at the expense of offense. Offensively it looks like he has no clue.  You can get away with that at a small conference school like Dayton.  But the Big will eat you alive.  He needs a "Tex Winter" type bench coach to teach him.  That would be the greatest off season acquisition.  Otherwise, meet the new boss -- same as a he old boss.