Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Quarterfinal Game Thread - IU vs. Wichita State | Tuesday @ 7:00PM on ESPN

6 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Did anyone catch the deron interviews in the locker room where he said something about the coaches never really say anything during halftime. He said he knew things were bad when schilling got loud with them because the coaches usually don’t say much. How and the hell do you watch your team play with no effort every night and not flip out on them ?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That is an indictment of the coaching staff. No wonder we lost 12 of 13 BIG games if we aren’t making any adjustments or taking advantage of halftime to talk. 

We need shooters! Marshall runs a very similar offense to Archie and it works because he has a couple shooters who can make shots. That was the only difference tonight and Marshall showed us what a good IU run offense will look like and if Archie finds some shooters he will do well here. If not Archie will not last.

Also Marshall as good as he is was not hired or interviewed here because he has some heavy baggage behind scenes. There is a reason he has not been offered a higher level job and we are one of many to pass on him for good reason.

Another shout out to the crowd of over 10K strong who was really into game again! 

42 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's really simplifying stuff.  Do you understand trends?  If the trend doesn't change, that's noee than coincidence. 

So you think 3 pointers and free throws are on the coach and not more mental or based on the player....i don't. There really isnt any reason to discuss it with you any further because we will never agree on that point

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

I’m not a Crean fan at all but his first team of mutts tried harder than this team. We will just have to agree to disagree. Even Romeo and Morgan said we came out flat, as we did many times during the losing streak, for what was essentially the tourney play-in game against OSU. THE GAME TO GET INTO THE TOURNEY.  

As long we are going in revisionist mode, that first Tom Crean team was really, really good.

1 hour ago, cchuntsman said:

Fitzner cannot defend McDuffie.  That’s why you never saw him.  Just a matchup thing.  

Davis and Morgan played at the same time.  Race Thompson got in.  

Fitzner would have never been guarding McDuffie if he gotten in.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

That's really simplifying stuff.  Do you understand trends?  If the trend doesn't change, that's noee than coincidence. 

After two years at Dayton, he was 37-27 and 16-16 in the A-10.  He then went 102-36 in his next four years and 52-18 in conference including an elite eight and four straight NCAA appearances.  I understand trends enough not look deeper.

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

As long we are going in revisionist mode, that first Tom Crean team was really, really good.

What revisionist mode?  That Crean team stunk, only had one point a game Kyle Tabor as a returning player but at least they tried. This team was very frustrating.  

We just got beat at home by a team that only had three returning scholarship players (only one that played much) and has 10 new players on their roster. Somehow Marshall cobbled something together.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Davis and Morgan played at the same time.  Race Thompson got in.  

Fitzner would have never been guarding McDuffie if he gotten in.

So you’d play Fitzner at the 5 and have Juwan out on McDuffie on the perimeter?  We’d get crushed on the boards defensively if we did that.  If not that, you’d have to have Fitzner on McDuffie.  

Race got in because he’s quicker laterally.  Also, he didn’t last long due to his defense in this game.  Further proof what Archie was thinking regarding Fitzner not getting in.  

Fitzner has always been matchup dependent when it comes to playing time.  

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Yep 6 wins I believe. Then year 2 he had 10 and 12 in year 3. Such a b-ball savant Glass wanted a lifetime contract but settled on a decade. 

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

Yep 6 wins I believe. Then year 2 he had 10 and 12 in year 3. Such a b-ball savant Glass wanted a lifetime contract but settled on a decade. 

Is reading comprehension that difficult?

I said I’m not a Crean fan, the team stunk, he is anything but a savant but at least the players on that first team seemed to give a s#*t and played hard. 

6 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Is reading comprehension that difficult?

I said I’m not a Crean fan, the team stunk, he is anything but a savant but at least the players on that first team seemed to give a s#*t and played hard. 

Dude take a chill pill; no hard feelings. I wasn’t trying to argue with you. Just remenencing in the opposite way I usually do about Indiana basketball. Back to a school record one coach will always get to keep and deservedly so.

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

What revisionist mode?  That Crean team stunk, only had one point a game Kyle Tabor as a returning player but at least they tried. This team was very frustrating.  

We just got beat at home by a team that only had three returning scholarship players (only one that played much) and has 10 new players on their roster. Somehow Marshall cobbled something together.

The revisionist mode about how hard Crean teams played, particularly the first teams.  Thinking they tried harder than other teams because their talent was poor is s false dichotomy.

Gregg Marshall is one of the best coaches in the business.  If he wanted to be here, he would have been here.  I guarantee that he could have bend here or Ohio State if he had wanted it.  He didn't want to and the way the fan base seems to think that it should take two years to turn Ouf program around, I can't say I blame him.

Thr last time we brought in a guy who did turn the program around in two years...it was Kelvin Sampson.  So let's just say I've still got some patience left fir Archie Miller.

2 hours ago, cchuntsman said:

So you’d play Fitzner at the 5 and have Juwan out on McDuffie on the perimeter?  We’d get crushed on the boards defensively if we did that.  If not that, you’d have to have Fitzner on McDuffie.  

Race got in because he’s quicker laterally.  Also, he didn’t last long due to his defense in this game.  Further proof what Archie was thinking regarding Fitzner not getting in.  

Fitzner has always been matchup dependent when it comes to playing time.  

Davis and Morgan were in together at points during the game....for 10 minutes.

In terms of 'getting killed on the boards defensively'.....Davis is a poor rebounder.  For the year he averaged a half rebound more than Fitzner while playing two more minutes per game.  And on the defensive end, Fitzner has been a better rebounder than Davis.  Considering that David pulled in 2 rebounds in 14 minutes tonight, I'm not too worried about a rebounding drop off if Fitzner had been in.

Trends are only valid if the pieces are the same.  Romeo had a different agenda.  Good riddance,  Good luck, but goodbye.  Lots of injuries and lots of Green/Smith who simply weren't consistent.   Davis, Green, Phinisee, and Thompson all missed time; Hunter didn't play at all.   
I'm here to tell you Franklin will really help.  As will Jackson-Davis.   As will Hunter.    I believe we add more than we lose and we're not done.   Others will improve.  Anyone who believes the sky is falling, I'd ask to give it another season.   I'd bet Indiana is a much better team a year from now.    (I'm betting hard on Franklin having seen him play.    He can do what Romeo can do for the most part...and he's just as long and athletic)
We going to need to be. We need it bad. Hoping you are right

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Did anyone post the total attendance for this game?  If I had to guess, it wasn't quite as large as Saturday but still got pretty loud.

Just over 10K. Close and still great but slightly smaller than the just over 12K Saturday.

16 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Just over 10K. Close and still great but slightly smaller than the just over 12K Saturday.

Thought it was a pretty great crowd. Lower bowl had to have been about 85% full but there were probably less than 100 in the balconies combined, which is fair. Had the potential to be an awesome atmosphere but every time we made a run they had an answer and you could literally here the “OOOOOOOOF” when McDuffie or Dennis would bang a 3.