Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Quarterfinal Game Thread - IU vs. Wichita State | Tuesday @ 7:00PM on ESPN

I disagree. It’s been a huge issue as we have slept walked through multiple games while playing hard in others.  Effort has been very, very disappointing/inconsistent.

People don't score much on us. We just can't score. You don't end the season with those defensive metrics if you habitually have bad effort. Yes, there are some bad spurts, which isn't surprising from a young team. But this is an undersized team that has been hammered by injuries all year. We had a bad season because we were historically bad from 3 in Big 10 games, not because teams were beating us up from lack of effort (except the Minnesots game - that was bad).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, lack of talent (read:shooting) is our biggest weakness.

BUT

It's the coach's job to assemble a talented roster.  The honeymoon for Archie is now over - either he and the staff coaches the hell out of the team over the summer or makes some radical changes to the roster and/or staff.  If not, next year could be the beginning of the end for him.  I'm surprised I'm saying this, but this team was bad, didn't really show any improvement and recruiting seems to be completely off track.

BUT
It's the coach's job to assemble a talented roster.  The honeymoon for Archie is now over - either he and the staff coaches the hell out of the team over the summer or makes some radical changes to the roster and/or staff.  If not, next year could be the beginning of the end for him.  I'm surprised I'm saying this, but this team was bad, didn't really show any improvement and recruiting seems to be completely off track.

I wouldn't say completely off track. Franklin and TJD look promising but I dont see us landing anyone big until he proves he can get a team to perform at a high level consistently

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Fitzner had been contributing some quality minutes lately and we couldn't shoot for sh-t tonight, so I was really puzzled as to why he didn't play one second. Throw him out there for 5-6 minutes and see what he can do. If he's the Fitzner of the middle point of the season, sit him back down. If he's the Fitzner of late, give him some run. That made no sense to me. 

BUT

He's had one recruiting class. He hasn't had any time to get shooters. The lack of shooting is squarely on Crean. 2 freshman were significant contributors, 1 disappointed, 2 were hurt the whole year, and 1 was always a longer term project. Not bad for a first recruiting class. Next year we have an incoming McD AA. Yes, we need some shooters, but he's not bringing in Priller and Jeremiah April. He's getting real talent

He looked pretty excited when devonte hit that three and was fouled. Looked like he jumped off the bench

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't mean to imply anything about Romeo. Camera just caught him at a funny moment. He's seemed to have been a good teammate all year, including during the NIT