Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Quarterfinal Game Thread - IU vs. Wichita State | Tuesday @ 7:00PM on ESPN

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Neither Mack nor Holtman were offered the IU job. Its possible they made their preferences known but Archie Miller was the only candidate offered the job.

I had extensive conversations about my job before ever receiving an offer. Just because they weren’t offered doesn’t meaning feelers were not put out 

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Neither Mack nor Holtman were offered the IU job. Its possible they made their preferences known but Archie Miller was the only candidate offered the job.

No they were not offered but we spoke to their "people" about the job and got our answer

No they were not offered but we spoke to their "people" about the job and got our answer

So you are saying they said no thanks? I find that hard to understand.

I guess I can see it with Mack, but not Holtman.

I don’t mean this to sound doubtful. Sorry if it does.

Were Archie, Holtman, and Mack all checked on at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So you are saying they said no thanks? I find that hard to understand.

I guess I can see it with Mack, but not Holtman.

The recent Brian Snow podcast that everyone has been talking about included a tidbit about Snow talking to Holtmann (while he was still Butler's coach) about if he would ever take the IU job. Holtmann's response was along the lines of, "No it's too much of a fishbowl there."

Snow was quick to point out that abstractedly discussing the IU job is MUCH different than being a serious candidate courted by the university but it gives you a glimpse into his thoughts on the job.

The recent Brian Snow podcast that everyone has been talking about included a tidbit about Snow talking to Holtmann (while he was still Butler's coach) about if he would ever take the IU job. Holtmann's response was along the lines of, "No it's too much of a fishbowl there."
Snow was quick to point out that abstractedly discussing the IU job is MUCH different than being a serious candidate courted by the university but it gives you a glimpse into his thoughts on the job.

Yeah I listened to that, but being offered the job changed everything.

I think I and Indiana had Archie higher on the list than Holtman.

A big part of me is surprised OSU didn’t get Archie because it seems like he would have been their 1st choice.