Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Quarterfinal Game Thread - IU vs. Wichita State | Tuesday @ 7:00PM on ESPN

5 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Marshall was one of the candidates that IU thought about after Crean was fired

Sorry, but don't see that as 'downright embarrassing'.  Marshall is a hell of a coach and would have a high major job right now if that is what he wanted.  He's not at Wichita State for lack of upward mobility.  I think Marshall has made it pretty clear to suitors that right now he's where he wants to be.

Honestly, the whole 'it would be embarrassing' idea is something for fans, not coaches.

43 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I was part of the 12,225 on Saturday and plan to go again tomorrow night.  I assume the crowd Tuesday will be less than Saturday, right?  Trying to figure out when to arrive for GA seating.

Probably less if I had to guess, but probably more students since there isn't quals. 

Shhhhhiiii... it always means something. I get that it’s the NIT and not the big boy tourney. However, with this team and fan base we need to win. Not on you but in general, I abso-freaking-lutely hate the “it doesn’t mean anything” mentality. Everything means something and if we had the competitors we should then we don’t go into “who cares” mode for most of January and February to do enough damage to miss the big boy tourney. Everything matters, even a silly free throw competition for second to last place free throw shooter on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Not saying the nit dont mean anything I am saying it dont make Greg Marshall the right guy for iu just because he wins a nit game against us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I was part of the 12,225 on Saturday and plan to go again tomorrow night.  I assume the crowd Tuesday will be less than Saturday, right?  Trying to figure out when to arrive for GA seating.

I'd say any later than 6 would be middle 3rd of the bowl.

Tuesday was Maybe 150 people in line at 5:30, but Saturday prob had 2-3K at 10:30, both 90 mins advance

Very fun fact: This will be the latest date in program history we have played a home game beating March 24th 1985 NIT against Marquette by 2 days.
Even more fun fact: If we win and get to New York it will be only the third time in program history we have played in April (tourney used to be held earlier) joining April 4th 1992 Final Four game against Duke and April 1st 2002 National Championship game against Maryland. This means any win in New York if we make it would be our first April win in program history.

Triviameister!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I sure hope the team is amped for this game tonight.  I'm more excited about this game than even the OSU game.  The guys are playing looser, and playing to win.  And having Wichita State come to town is awesome.  They are a major program in the last decade, and another great non-conference game.  They are playing winning basketball, too, going 13-3 over their last 16 games.  And Greggggg knows how to coach in March.  That's a reputation Archie used to enjoy as well.  Maybe this will be a step in that direction?

Will Romeo play?  Will Justin get benched again?  Will Devonte continue his ascension as de facto lead scorer going into next season?  Will we see Rob shut down another star guard?  Will I get a seat close to Ms. Marshall?  I sure hope so.  Go Hoosiers. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:25 AM, Hoosier Guy said:

Marshall was one of the candidates that IU thought about after Crean was fired

Not really, There were only three real candidates and really just one. It went Archie, Mack, Holtman. Mack wanted the Louisville job as did his wife, Holtman didn't want a pressure cooker so said no thanks to IU and Archie was it. 

5 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

How early are you planning to be there?

I’m wanting to roll in around 5:45-6:00. I’m sure there will be people there way earlier but I’m not interested in that. 

Edit: To add, I’m guessing there will be a big wave of people that wait in line, then another big wave of Indy people getting off work and coming down between 6:30 and tipoff. Hoping to get there right in between those 2 groups. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Not really, There were only three real candidates and really just one. It went Archie, Mack, Holtman. Mack wanted the Louisville job as did his wife, Holtman didn't want a pressure cooker so said no thanks to IU and Archie was it. 

I stand corrected. Still, losing to them at home wouldn’t be a good look