Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Quarterfinal Game Thread - IU vs. Wichita State | Tuesday @ 7:00PM on ESPN

2 hours ago, e_powe11 said:

Got tickets for this one. Anybody have any advice on how early to get there to wait in line?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the game is @7 pm - the doors should open @5:30 pm - 90 minutes before game time. Don't know if there will be nearly as much of a wait in line like there was for Sat game. You would think getting to Assembly Hall 2 hrs early would be good enough? Good luck and have fun!

Very interested to see if Devonte keeps playing well. If the light has actually turned on for him and he decides to return for his Sr season then I feel better about next year. Just not sure you can ever fully trust him. Maybe the most enigmatic player I can ever remember at IU. And yes that's including Troy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Got tickets for this one. Anybody have any advice on how early to get there to wait in line?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Took the 7 year old daughter Saturday. Lines weren't bad. Got there about 1030 for a noon tip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Very interested to see if Devonte keeps playing well. If the light has actually turned on for him and he decides to return for his Sr season then I feel better about next year. Just not sure you can ever fully trust him. Maybe the most enigmatic player I can ever remember at IU. And yes that's including Troy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I really think the key is him not being the primary ball handler. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

100% agree. Devonte the ball handler is a turnover machine who kills us. Devonte playing off the ball is a big time contributor for this team. I hope coach (and Devonte) have realized this the past couple weeks. Maybe coach realized it long ago but the injuries/lack of other options forced his hand.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Just watched Witchita St play Clemson.

Sure glad we’re playing WSU. Clemson couldn’t make a shot to save their lives and WSU still couldn’t put them away.

WSU kinda sux if you ask me.

Defensively they are pretty good.  Offensively they aren't.

That said, so far the teams we've beaten in the NIT were St.Francis and an Arkansas team playing without their best player.  It likely will be our third straight game without Romeo.  I'm glad to see we're winning without him, but bottom line is we are going to have to beat them without our leading scorer.

I agree with this. I believe Green can be better than he’s shown the last few weeks too. His shooting has been good but his decision making still falls behind too often. He has the chance to play off the ball and run the team when Phin goes to the bench IF he can make the right play.

If Green can ONLY improve his decision making, by leaps, this summer we could have a back court that can compete next season. I’m looking for Phin to have a great summer. I believe Al will be an even better shooter. The kid works.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Exactly correct. Green will never be a PG. A player can only play the game the way he sees it and Green sees the game as a scorer. Asking him to run the offense and facilitate creates hesitation, indecision and he short circuits. That’s why I really think priority 1 for next year is finding a 2nd PG over another big.