Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

2 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

This would be interesting and personally I would love this.  Not only would it put a damper on UK's success, Cal moving to Cal (UCLA) could indicate sanctions coming for UK as well.  One can only hope right!

I think it would be interesting for another reason: who would they get to replace him?  Will they be able to pursuade a Stevens or Donovan? Entice an existing "elite" coach? There will be openings in the coming years at Duke, UNC, MSU and likely KU.  I'm sure fans of UK and those teams believe they'll all have home run replacements.

4 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I think it would be interesting for another reason: who would they get to replace him?  Will they be able to pursuade a Stevens or Donovan? Entice an existing "elite" coach? There will be openings in the coming years at Duke, UNC, MSU and likely KU.  I'm sure fans of UK and those teams believe they'll all have home run replacements.

Pitino 

I grew up in Indiana and went to IU, but have lived in Virginia for the past 17 years. So like it or not, I get my share of Virginia Tech and U.Va. coverage, and I must admit, if this is true, I'll miss Buzz a bit. He's an entertaining fellow. ... Believe it or not, one twitter thread I saw mentioned Chris Collins as a replacement. Another said Mick Cronin (that's probably more likely, I would guess).

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Sounds like Buzz Williams is taking the Texas A & M job

Is that a move up? SEC easier to navigate than ACC? Serious question. 

Also, I bet Chris Beard gets some serious attention now too. The Tex Tech AD may get a taste of his own medicine (re: UNLV.) 

A little surprised Hoiberg settled for Nebraska- he may end up regretting that, although he's getting compensated nicely in the meantime! 

2 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Hopefully we communicate with Harris again?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Will be interesting to see what happens with Harris if he opts out.  Tore an ACL the first part of December, I believe. Had a previous knee injury. Wherever he lands I would think there’s a pretty decent  chance he redshirts. Definitely some risk there.

51 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Also, I bet Chris Beard gets some serious attention now too. The Tex Tech AD may get a taste of his own medicine (re: UNLV.) 

A little surprised Hoiberg settled for Nebraska- he may end up regretting that, although he's getting compensated nicely in the meantime! 

I could easily see Hoiberg bolting back to the NBA in a couple of years.

I saw on twitter that UCLA is now focused on Mick Cronin and Jamie Dixon as their primary head coaching candidates. Fingers crossed they hire Dixon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s a move up. A&M has a butt load of money thanks to football. A bit more wide open in the SEC to be good as well. A&M has been able to pull in some recruits with past coaches as well. I think Hoiberg wanted to be at a school with little pressure honestly. If he gets them to winning 19+ games a year and some tourney appearances, they’ll be happy.

According to the article by Borzello at ESPN Calapari offered lifetime deal to remain at UK after he had been in contact with UCLA where they offered him a 6 year $48 mil deal to come to UCLA.
Link:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26417804/kentucky-offers-calipari-life-deal
Kentucky will never let him go. They would pay anything to keep him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kentucky will never let him go. They would pay anything to keep him.

Which they have with his new lifetime deal he just signed. They said with this new deal Cal will only leave for certain NBA jobs if they come calling.

Which they have with his new lifetime deal he just signed. They said with this new deal Cal will only leave for certain NBA jobs if they come calling.

Cal knows how to play them. Kentucky knows they got the perfect guy. Somebody slimy enough to gutter recruit and not get caught.

56 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I saw on twitter that UCLA is now focused on Mick Cronin and Jamie Dixon as their primary head coaching candidates. Fingers crossed they hire Dixon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-basketball-cronin-dixon-calipari-20190401-story.html

Also mentions Randy Bennett, Shaka Smart and Earl Watson. Personally, I think Randy Bennett is one of the elite pure coaches in the country. Don’t think he’s really wired to deal with that mess. Yes, Dixon could be a really nice hire for us.