Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

IMO? A good hire.

Not because it's a good hire (lol), but because when a program is down as far as Vandy, rolling the dice makes sense.

Agree. And Stackhouse got a lot of positive press for the job he did as HC in the G League. As outside the box hires go, like this one a lot.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Bruce Pearl would be a perfect fit. 

I think he has the style of play they would want. How does he handle 5* one and dones, would be the question. I think he would be a better fit than Barnes. UCLA needs someone who is “showtime”, that’s Pearl,  not Barnes. 

Arkansas - (Mike Anderson) - Hired Eric Musselman (Nevada Head Coach)

Buffalo - (Nate Oats) - HIred Jim Whitesell (Buffalo Associate Head Coach)

Virginia Tech - (Buzz Williams) - Mike Young (Wofford Head Coach)

Wofford - (Mike Young) - OPEN

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

I think he has the style of play they would want. How does he handle 5* one and dones, would be the question. I think he would be a better fit than Barnes. UCLA needs someone who is “showtime”, that’s Pearl,  not Barnes. 

Right. I think Bruce Pearl could lead UCLA to Final Fours and Titles. Rick Barnes can win you the crappy Pac 12 and make a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run every now and then. Problem is UCLA has 11 National Titles banners..Sweet 16/Elite 8 is nothing there. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Right. I think Bruce Pearl could lead UCLA to Final Fours and Titles. Rick Barnes can win you the crappy Pac 12 and make a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run every now and then. Problem is UCLA has 11 National Titles banners..Sweet 16/Elite 8 is nothing there. 

Just because that’s all Barnes has done does not mean that’s his ceiling. See Jay Wright and Tony Bennett. 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just because that’s all Barnes has done does not mean that’s his ceiling. See Jay Wright and Tony Bennett. 

No doubt. Barnes would be the best hire this offseason too. He is better than Alford for sure. I'd be surprised if he left Tennessee. I figure they have the $$$ to keep him. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

He had some extremely talented teams at Texas that couldn’t make it. He might not have more talent at UCLA, than he did at Texas. He was 1-2 seeds a few times. He is likely trying to get out of dodge bc he is losing all his top players. 

UCLA looking real bad in this search. I wouldn’t like this move for UCLA if they were to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Rick Barnes would be a very good hire for them at this stage of their search. Very good. Even if he stays only 4-5 years but has a few years there like he has this year in TN that would provide some stability.

I would take Pearl over him and probably buy Barnes would be better than Dixon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app