Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

Looks like Jamie Dixon to UCLA. Cue the Desmond Bane transfer rumors...

Go Joe BruinVerified account @GoJoeBruinUCLA 10h10 hours ago

Sources tell @MichaelMHanna and Go Joe Bruin that UCLA is nearing a deal with Jamie Dixon, pending finalization of his buyout with TCU.

1:11 AM - 3 Apr 2019

37 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Sources tell @MichaelMHanna and Go Joe Bruin that UCLA is nearing a deal with Jamie Dixon, pending finalization of his buyout with TCU.

Good for Jamie Dixon. I believe is a So Cal guy. Getting to go home and he should do well in a terrible PAC 12. 

Time for Desmond Bane to come home too. 

Ever been to Arkansas? Lots of good people live there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was pleasantly surprised when I visited a few years back. Very nice but a friend of mine from Pakistan was looking to take a job there and when looking at houses the realtor would not show him some houses in the nicer neighborhoods. Could have just been her but he decided not to take the job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like a couple of Big Ten coaches involved with the Arkansas opening now. They seem to be scrambling after Sampson said no.

Coaching Changes @CoachingChanges 2h2 hours ago

Now hearing Muss to Arkansas isn’t as close as we heard and that they have met with Fran McCaffery and Richard Pitino McCaffery makes no sense for that job, so maybe this rumor is unfounded Since they’re apparently liking white guys from the Midwest, Mick Cronin would win there

McCaffery would be leaving probably the 2nd best starting 5 in the Conference next year. I would think that alone would make him very expensive for Arkansas. Pitino, on the other hand, would probably come very reasonably and I’m sure would be very interested.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

McCaffery would be leaving probably the 2nd best starting 5 in the Conference next year. I would think that alone would make him very expensive for Arkansas. Pitino, on the other hand, would probably come very reasonably and I’m sure would be very interested.

What would be the draw for leaving Minnesota for Arkansas?

4 hours ago, BH33 said:

I don't think Jamie is a terrible hire but UCLA could do better. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Agreed, but I think when you publicly flirt with John Calipari, you set your fan base up to hate anything less than that.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't disagree, but not sure who that would be right now. Obviously Chris Beard will be hot, but who is a good fit there?  Without all the upsets in the tourney it doesn't seem like there are as many "can't miss" up and comers this year.  

31 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

What would be the draw for leaving Minnesota for Arkansas?

Obviously I’m just talking, but I’d guess a couple of things. There’s been a decent amount written speculating that Pitino’s relationship with the Minn AD is pretty strained. Given the coaching arms race that seems to be going on in the SEC, Arkansas would almost certainly pay a good bit more. Pitino’s now been there 6 yrs, so I think where he has the program now is probably about their ceiling with him, and he might view Arkansas as having a higher one, which I think is true. If I were him, that move would interest me.