Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

First, it was John Thompson III. Then it was Johnny Dawkins. Now, it's Jerry Stackhouse??? He's only been a coach for 4-5 years -- and a head coach for one. 

Anchors down...a little further down!  Maybe they should kick the tires on Bryce again. 

5 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Anchors down...a little further down!  Maybe they should kick the tires on Bryce again. 

I dunno; if I'm Vandy I'm good with rolling the dice on a guy like this - really smart, pro minor league coach of the year, NBA player connections. Mullin and Ewing at St. Johns and Georgetown have been reasonably good hires with similar or lesser coaching resumes.

A whole lot more upside than hiring a Mark Fox Johnny Dawkins largely unsuccessful college retread. 

12 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-basketball-cronin-dixon-calipari-20190401-story.html

Also mentions Randy Bennett, Shaka Smart and Earl Watson. Personally, I think Randy Bennett is one of the elite pure coaches in the country. Don’t think he’s really wired to deal with that mess. Yes, Dixon could be a really nice hire for us. 

Cronin and Dixon are both at their alma maters. I don't see either one leaving for the bright lights of LA. Honestly, the only one from that list that seems plausible is Watson, whom I am sure many ex-players want to see hired. Shaka may be out of a job after the NIT too. 

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I dunno; if I'm Vandy I'm good with rolling the dice on a guy like this - really smart, pro minor league coach of the year, NBA player connections. Mullin and Ewing at St. Johns and Georgetown have been reasonably good hires with similar or lesser coaching resumes.

A whole lot more upside than hiring a Mark Fox Johnny Dawkins largely unsuccessful college retread. 

I feel like Mullin and Ewing have been disappointing. Ewing 34-29 overall and 14-22 in a not great conference. It does look like he has a few good young players so next year will be big.

Mully - 59-73 overall and 20-52 in conference. It's a good thing the bubble was weak this year and he squeeked in. He had a lot of talent with Herron and Ponds on the roster, both of whom will be gone for the NBA after this year. 

I'm not a big believer in hiring ex- NBA stars to coach. Of course, every once in a while you might find something!

Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanHoops 20m20 minutes ago More

Another name in the mix at Arkansas is former UCLA coach Steve Alford, source told @Stadium

Of course! That would make things beyond interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I expect Alford to do well in his next stop. He will get hired by some school that enjoys having a good team every 3 or 4 years. He should stay at the midmajor level as that is a level he can have success at.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners