Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I live in NWI.  Think the only player of note that he would have helped get here was Newman, and he's already signed.  

Anyway, when Bryce Drew hit his shot at Valpo in the tournament none of the high school recruits in NWI were alive.

They were alive when he was coaching Valpo.

Just now, InArchWeTrust said:

AND, I'm sure they've all heard of his NBA type practices!

I have no idea, but that area historically has been a black hole for us.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

They were alive when he was coaching Valpo.

I live in Valpo now after living about 20 minutes away fir 20+ years.  The truth is Valpo (outside of Bryce himself who wanted to play for hus dad) wasn't keeping  quality NWI players here....including Bryce.  They were getting players from elsewhere including a lot if foreign players.  Right now there are three NWI players on the team but really only who who makes any kind if difference.

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I live in Valpo now after living about 20 minutes away fir 20+ years.  The truth is Valpo (outside of Bryce himself who wanted to play for hus dad) wasn't keeping  quality NWI players here....including Bryce.  They were getting players from elsewhere including a lot if foreign players.  Right now there are three NWI players on the team but really only who who makes any kind if difference.

I am failing to see the point.  All I said was Drew could help us with recruiting in NWI.  No more, no less.

Interesting story about the confluence of events that led Chris Beard to the top job at Texas Tech. I had forgotten that just a couple weeks earlier, he took the UNLV job. 

After surprisingly losing Tubby Smith to Memphis, the Texas Tech AD (Kirby Hocutt) called the Vegas AD (Tina Kunzer-Murphy) ... 

“No, you do not have my permission to talk to Chris,” Hocutt remembers Kunzer-Murphy angrily telling him. “Are you kidding me? We just hired him.”

Undaunted, Hocutt responded, "With all due respect, I was just giving you a courtesy call. I’m going to ask Chris to meet with us. It will be his decision if he wants to take the time or not.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-texas-tech-poached-chris-beard-from-unlv-setting-two-programs-on-divergent-paths-015036321.html

ESPN reporting that Cal is in negotiations with Mark Fox. ... Hmmm, Berkeley, Calif., or Athens, Ga.? ... Looks like he might have made out better in the long run. 

Middling coaches transferring to other middling programs is funny to watch.

Good luck Cal

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like Johnny Dawkins from UCF to head coach at Vandy.
Dawkins is 55 and went to one tournament in 8 years at Stanford. His son is likely an NBA out, and has already sat once so he’d have to be a grad transfer to play for his dad. Tacko Fall ain’t walking through that door either (even with an extra tall doorway).
Dawkins seems to be a true class act, but to me, Vandy’s hopes for the big time aren’t happening with him at the helm.

That sucks!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't know how much credibility this guy actually has but he does have nearly 14,000 followers.

Coaching Changes @CoachingChanges 9h9 hours ago

UCLA vs Calipari is closer then we thought. It's in the works & close to done. If not Earl Watson is locked in and ready to go, staff could include former UCLA/CAL assistant David Grace who's always a hot name.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't know how much credibility this guy actually has but he does have nearly 14,000 followers.

UCLA vs Calipari is closer then we thought. It's in the works & close to done. If not Earl Watson is locked in and ready to go, staff could include former UCLA/CAL assistant David Grace who's always a hot name.

This would be interesting and personally I would love this.  Not only would it put a damper on UK's success, Cal moving to Cal (UCLA) could indicate sanctions coming for UK as well.  One can only hope right!

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've followed this account for a few years now. There are multiple people behind this account, most seem to be ex-coaches of some sort. If you scroll through their tweet history, there are a few instances where they seem to be ahead of mainstream media on some names.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If only today wasn’t the first

This would be interesting and personally I would love this.  Not only would it put a damper on UK's success, Cal moving to Cal (UCLA) could indicate sanctions coming for UK as well.  One can only hope right!
Therw is no way he leaves kentucky. He is just looking for a raise.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk