Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Steve. Alford. Just you watch.

I got to thinking about that....

Barnes gets let go by Texas and goes to Tennessee.

Howland gets let go by UCLA and ends up at Mississippi St.

Pearl gets let go by Tennessee and ends up at Auburn.

Crean gets let go by IU and ends up at Georgia.

Alford gets let go by UCLA and ends up at?????

Yep, Steve would fit right in with the SEC coaching fraternity.

Maybe it's been mentioned and I missed it, but with Miles likely to be ousted at Nebraska, wouldn't that put Michael Lewis out of a job? Any chance he'd be a possibility here - former IU player with winners mentality and nice resume as an assistant?

(Obviously as an addition or replacement on our staff-not  to replace Archie)

6 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I wonder if this gets anywhere, but last week there were rumors Bill Self and the Chicago Bulls were discussing the open head coaching job.

Seems like something weird is going on there. I think I saw that KU doesn't have any top-100 commits yet for next year.

23 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Seems like something weird is going on there. I think I saw that KU doesn't have any top-100 commits yet for next year.

Yeah - like their bagman is in jail, and BS is under soooo much scrutiny that he can’t get away with his cheating bs anymore!! How quickly the talent well in Lawrence ran dry! Mr. High Character now looking to make a run with the bulls!

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

I really hope Pitino doesn't get the job at Bama, I'm really rooting for him to not return to college basketball.

If the NCAA had any teeth at all, they would find a way to block his hire.  

Y'all know how we feel about Kelvin Sampscum.  But he had a show cause based on impermissable phone calls.

Meanwhile North Carolina receives no punishment for fake classes and Rick Pitino's program hires strippers and pays players and nothing was done to Carolina or Williams and so far nothing Louisville or Pitino.

SI story on Pitino.  Didn't know he had committee EIGHT NCAA violations.....back in 1977 while an assistant at Hawaii and the NCAA recommendation was that Hawaii remove him.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/09/27/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-ousted

And read the last line of this article from 2013.  This shows how bad of a liar and cheater he is.....not even acknowledging when he was caught before.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/21913973/louisvilles-pitino-had-controversial-hawaii-ties/

I'm having trouble with the Slick Rick to 'Bama rumors.  Sounds like a rumor he'd start just so people won't forget him.  He's got an awful lot of baggage for an AD to be willing to place his reputation on the line not to mention the 'Bama president and BOT.  For football, hell yes, they'd do it in a heartbeat but for basketball I'm pretty skeptical.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm having trouble with the Slick Rick to 'Bama rumors.  Sounds like a rumor he'd start just so people won't forget him.  He's got an awful lot of baggage for an AD to be willing to place his reputation on the line not to mention the 'Bama president and BOT.  For football, hell yes, they'd do it in a heartbeat but for basketball I'm pretty skeptical.

Good point.  I'm sure that is something that someone in Pitino's camp would float out there without it having any credence.

Are you kidding? The $EC commish said he wanted the conference to be better in basketball. The schools realized it was an open invitation to “do what you have to do.” Look who’ve they’ve hired since then and you realize it’s just the $EC being the $EC. They, like the ACC, know the NCAA won’t touch them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Are you kidding? The $EC commish said he wanted the conference to be better in basketball. The schools realized it was an open invitation to “do what you have to do.” Look who’ve they’ve hired since then and you realize it’s just the $EC being the $EC. They, like the ACC, know the NCAA won’t touch them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The South doesn't give two craps about the NCAA and their 'rules'. Even the schools there with an academic reputation(Vandy, Georgia Tech, Duke) are shady as all hell.

The South doesn't give two craps about the NCAA and their 'rules'. Even the schools there with an academic reputation(Vandy, Georgia Tech, Duke) are shady as all hell.

And why would they when the NCAA has shown they’re nothing more than paper tigers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

California fired their coach after two seasons.  Vanderbilt after 3.  We'll see if nobody wants those unstable jobs as posted on here or if we can put that theory to bed.

Yeah, I mean if you go 0fer in conference play.. I think it’s a lot more about the administration than the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app