Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Saalfrank again not particularly sharp as Iowa gets 2 runners on with a high chop infield single and a bloop single (not bad defense just tough plays). However, Iowa again runs themselves out of the inning getting picked off between 2nd and 3rd before ground out ends it. Only thing keeping this game scoreless is Iowa base running mistakes and its 0-0 to bottom 2.

Grand Richardson continues to look like he is quite the recruiting get as he homer's into the left field bullpen (Fineman also reached on error) and IU leads 2-0 after 2!

I have to go now so updates will be more sporadic from me going forward rest of game most likely. 

I got home just now and IU lead up to 7-1 in Bottom 8 on a couple singles. Thanks to Brass for taking over some updates and 'pinch hitting' while I was out. I was following bits and pieces on twitter while I was out so know what happened but didn't actually see anything between 3rd and 8th inning.

IU wins easily 7-1!

I am not going to actually provide my normal recap since I only saw updates and nothing with my eyes between 3rd and 8th inning. With that said great start to Big Ten play and get out the Brooms! Biggest revelation is Grant Richardson who appears to be our next star in making.

Kent State on Wednesday than at Maryland this weekend are the next games.

Lets sing:

RPI all the way UP to 22. Most of our RPI games till we hit the Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan stretch are not great so hopefully we can keep winning. We are in a good spot to make yet another NCAA tournament as a 2 or 3 seed barring a collapse. We can host as a 1 seed but that is unlikely and would probably require losing no more than like 5 games the rest of the way given our schedule.