Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milto leaves without a win. Manous comes in and right now if I am Milto I would punch Mercer. No reason not to have Lloyd close in 9th when Milto was over 100 pitches. I get he was cruising but thats a classic put your closer in scenario. 

This is the first time I can honestly say Mercer really mismanaged something.

Iowa hits one right on the screws but right at Houston and IU maintains the tie. Defense did everything right there from hitting the runner at 3rd on the tying sac fly to ensure go ahead run not at third with less than 2 outs to the snag by Houston.

That was purely on Mercer as Iowa got 2 clean singles than an exhausted Milto had a hit batter and wild pitch. Never should of pitched 9th. Should of been Lloyd who is now warming up. If nothing else Lloyd should of been warming and ready and Milto pulled after first 2 singles but Manous was the one warming and not till after first single and didn't come in until after wild pitch. Horribly mismanaged.

Was finishing up IU women's thrilling win as well. I'll let others handle that since I am by no means an expert there (my expertise lie in Baseball, Men's Soccer and Men's Basketball) but watch some of their games and especially when in tourney. 

As for baseball best defense of year and once again our timely clutch hitting under this staff continues to excel. Only thing that almost cost us was Mercer leaving Milto in to long.You have to be perfect in these Friday night games on management, defense and pitching to win. We got 2 of the 3 but the management in 9th was bad. Its the first time I have quibbled with a move Mercer made and hopefully it doesn't happen again but all is well that ends well.

I will be at the Bart tomorrow for my first game of year (after going to NIT game) so may post a bit from phone but not as much as tonight obviously.

Time to sing:

Fineman doubles to center field gap, walk, fielders choice and 2 out hit on a line drive down right field line gives IU 1-0 lead. Great clutch situational hitting yet agin! Then a double steal that this time Iowa mis-executes and IU leads 2-0 after 2.

Negative: I get extra netting everywhere now for safety but it means its in ur way everywhere from 1st to 3rd base line instead of just around plate. Bart Kaufman Field latest to add.

Positive: No more online fees from iu so you can buy tics in advance online and put in i-wallet to avoid lines. 

Game #2 of the weekend underway with IU leading Iowa 2-0 after 2 innings, first run coming on a rbi single by Richardson.   Then a successful double steal with Richardson stealing second and Dunham stealing home.  Tanner Gordon on the mound and has struck out 5 of the 6 batters he's faced thus far.

Dunham a 2 run single up middle on ground with bases loaded to make it 4-0 after 3. Iowa changes pitchers.

Also Hoosier nation is best! 12,225 and about 80% at basketball. Similarly full at baseball game (probably biggest of yr) with around 2K give or take. Also gorgous day 55 and sunny.

Most complete game of year against reasonably decent team! Pitching fantastic and hitting definetely continues to excel after Canisius series. Again 13 runs 13 hits so situational hitting perfect. Also no defensive mistakes second game in row so thats good. 

Really impressed with Grant Richardson who had huge day. I will be watching this staff to see how well he, Barr, Ashley and a few others develop as they have all the tools and should be our future. Other than Gorski the previous staff never developed hitters well so i’m curious how this next group of players does with this staff. Hopefully a lot better.

Glad we got first 2 as Iowa throws its best ERA pitcher on Sundays instead of Friday which makes no sense to me and goes against I’ve learned but means whoever pitches tomorrow has to be on game. 

Cannot post a video of winning music on a phone so use my old one. Lets keep it up and sweep tomorrow.

First off fair warning: I am in and out today so updates will be sporadic on my part starting at around noon.

Also gloomy and rainy but IU playing through it with turf (I am back home today watching on computer like usual).

Top 1: First huge defensive mistake of weekend as Ashley had a ball at second eat him up for an error. However, a great tag on an attempted steal erases him. Good thing to because Saalfrank imploded after that loading the bases with 2 outs before getting strikeout to keep game scoreless. Definitely don't have the good Andrew Saalfrank we saw last week in first inning.

This Iowa pitcher Judkins definitely looks every bit of their best pitcher he is (still don't understand why they throw him Sunday and not Friday) easily erasing IU 1-2-3 in First. Saalfrank is going to have to avoid giving up runs and not getting into trouble like he did in first if we are going to have chance. 0-0 to second.