Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Round 2 Game Thread - IU vs. Arkansas | 3/23 (Sat.) @Noon (ET) on ESPN

Well, if Clemson wins today against Wichita St., our bigs,(Deron and Fitzner mostly) will have their work cut out for them this week. They stretch you out with a few big guys who can drain it from 3. They run a 3-2 and sag. Very Syracuse-ish.           ( I know... Yikes.)          And they're fast and smart in transition.               Not too worried about the zone.  It'll probably be a breath of fresh air after going through that double marathon press of Arkansas. But if we're not careful, they could wear us out after they get a D rebound.  Plus we have a coach who has proven multiple times that he knows how to beat a zone. Seems opposing teams against them  are most efficient in the paint, so that works in IU's favor..the more post feeds and 'close-to-the-basket' play we have, the better. Closing out on every player they have defensively will be key. Hope they get plenty of rest. My luck, the Shockers will win and i'll just have wasted an hour doing research. If so, bring on Ol' Gregg..Marshall..

Thoughts:

Crowd was fun! Claira had a blast, cheering/jeering/yelling at the officials. I tried to keep an eye on the bench, and attitudes of players as they came out of the game. If there are any lingering locker room issues, then they've done a good job hiding it. Romeo was clowning. Devonte was fired up. Even apologized to an official after his reaction to a bad foul call in the 2nd half. Davis diving for loose balls.Juwan? Beast. Some have said he's mailed it in? Nope. Not even close. Got warned when he did a little shoulder thingy after getting an and 1. Don't think he even attempted a 3 all game if memory serves. 

I forgot how much fun that place can be. Loud! Claira even said it was more fun than going to any of the numerous ISU games she went to this year with her mom. You could feel if one of those 3's would have dropped in the final minute the roof was coming off. Electric where we were sitting.

They play within themselves, and, if Romeo does play, and can not disrupt the flow they've established, IU can win this whole darn thing IMHO. I have a thing Tuesday that I can't get out of, so I won't get to catch the game until about 830, so hopefully, they have it well in hand by then.