Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Round 2 Game Thread - IU vs. Arkansas | 3/23 (Sat.) @Noon (ET) on ESPN

56 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Smith can handle the ball well enough that he should be able to catch it in transition. If that was Davis it would be one thing, but Smith shouldn't be on the floor if he can't be counted on to make that play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's shown his entire career he can't.  Serious question..why do you think he can?   Dakich was right...is this about what Dakich said or what you think Smith can do?  Smith is a one dribble guy or a catch and shoot guy (from 10-12 feet).  He can run in transition; but he's never shown he can handle the ball in transition.  

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't want to say Devonte can be a star, but he could be really good if he just stayed under control. The crazy dribbling, crazy passes and (sometimes) crazy shots are -- well, crazy. ... So much ability ... 

Yep.  If he can just limit the "bad DeVonte."    He's so good when he just plays under control and so completely awful when he makes bad decisions, lazy passes, and tries to do things on his own.  Today he showed both.  Enough to help us win and enough to get us beat. I mean seriously...kid has balls.  Let's just say it.   But he led the team in turnovers again and took at least 3 horrible shots.  Yes....he made big shots.  Yes...he rebounded well.  Yes...he hit big free throws when few others did or could.  We won in large part because of him.  Had we lost?  It would have been in large part because of him.   Just get rid of the bad stuff!   

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie padding them coaching wins!!!!

Lol, seriously though, thrilled to keep watching Indiana basketball.

Oh, and I don’t miss Romeo too much either. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Despite being an offensive stud he didn’t really open up our offense that much. 

Really good contributions from Devonte, Rob, DeRon, Juwan, Evan and Zach. Really disappointed that Al couldn't follow up the previous game.
1 of 8 from three. Hit a couple of those and we open it up. Oh well we won.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I like the Phinisee/Green backcourt.  It's a little on the small side, but it hasn't been an issue so far. Green makes me nervous when he's running the offense, so having him play beside Rob alleviates some of that. 

I like the Phinisee/Green backcourt.  It's a little on the small side, but it hasn't been an issue so far. Green makes me nervous when he's running the offense, so having him play beside Rob alleviates some of that. 

Green could be a really good player IF he stopped forcing passes in the post...limit the dumb entry passes via the spin ball and he’s not a bad player at all. Seems like a simple concept but some players will just play their style no matter what and can’t be changed (ie Troy Williams).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app