Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Round 2 Game Thread - IU vs. Arkansas | 3/23 (Sat.) @Noon (ET) on ESPN

48 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Sorry to hear about that.  What county?  Do you have an attorney?  This pizza sandwich might have some advice for you.  (I don't represent you, by the way.)  PM me.  

And have fun at the game.  Perfect time for parents and kids to go.  And plenty of daylight to show her around campus.  Get a picture of her at Sample Gates.  Who knows?  She might frame it some day.  

Got a good attorney. We graduated from Mooresville High class of 1993! She's been with me since day one, but I'll PM. 

Going to get up and leave the Haute early to take her around. She's only 7, but is excited to go!

2 hours ago, pumpfake said:

I remember back when we rarely missed the NCAA and usually had expectations of making a run, how I thought it was meaningless to just make the field of 64.  I still feel that way to some extent.  You're in it to win it and if you're not a top 4 seed, it's pretty much guaranteed you aren't winning squat.

The NIT is more like a preseason tournament, more of an opportunity to play extra games and get experience.  I don't know how serious or even legitimate Langford's back issue actually is, but I'd imagine Archie knows. If RL has already decided to forego his future eligibility then I'm fine with him not playing.  Again, Archie probably has a good idea of how Langford is leaning.

A lot of decisions are going to have to be made in the coming days & weeks about the team going forward, by the coaches and players alike.  Some things need to change and the coach has to be the one controlling things - it's got to be about the team and not individual players agendas.

Yea I pretty much agree. If you squeak in and then get beat first round not a whole lot to be excited about.

4 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

The ex-wife is dragging me back to court for full custody instead of joint custody, for no good reason. How do I respond? I buy tickets for me and the almost 7-year old daughter to tomorrow's game! Here's hoping Romeo plays, and good IU shows up for her first game. 

Good luck with the custody hearing.  Too often one parent or both want control for the wrong reasons and forget that it should be a matter of what is in the child's best interests.  If you've had her since day one, then hopefully the judge makes the right decision and keeps things consistent for your daughter.  Not knowing your situation and not wanting to make too many assumptions, I would guess her "good" reason is an attempt to receive more money. I wish you the best. 

Have fun at the game.  I'm considering taking my 7-year old son too.  He doesn't like loud noises, so I was thinking this might be a slightly better time to take him.  I think a Big Ten matchup with Purdue would scare him from ever wanting to go back.  He loved the thought of monster trucks...until he went to one with me and now he swears he'll never go back.  I don't want him to never want to see another Indiana game...so, I'll have to carefully consider that before taking him.  Hmmm....he loves hiking, so maybe I'll combine the IU game with a Brown County hiking trip to help persuade him.

I wouldn't say the NIT is meaningless.  Yeah, backseat to the Big Dance, but I would rather win this than some Pre-con Tourney! 
I'm actually excited for noon Saturday!  Going to have the grill and smoker rolling all day!   Steaks for the IU game and beef short ribs for supper.
Hey wtf. We were going to go to the game and now you staying home grilling and no invite? Just kidding I am excited for tomorrow also but probably have a cold meat sandwich lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, hoosierdogg said:

What time do the gates open for the game tomorrow?  With an early start what kind of crowd would you expect?  Will students show up for a free game on a Saturday?  

There will be like 1,000 people there. 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:41 PM, Irish YJ said:

Agree to disagree. NIT is like a bad CFB bowl. It has more value as increased practice time for next year, then anything else. 

Winning without him would mean more than winning with him (from a team perspective).. And for him to risk injury is silly if he's a lottery pick. 

So if our football team were to 6-6 or 7-5 and make a bowl, would you be okay with players sitting out if they were healthy?

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Stu Jackson -

Romeo Langford is still getting treatment for his back injury. Status for tomorrow’s game still up in the air.  Race Thompson is practicing, but his status is also still undetermined. Missed Tuesday’s game vs. St. Francis due to illness.

Archie's comments today seemed to indicate Romeo won't be playing.  When asked about DeVonte, Rob, and Al's performance last game:

Q. Obviously not having Romeo, but your starting backcourt, 30-something points, double-digit rebounds and assists, not a ton of turnovers between them. As you kind of triage that performance from Al, Rob and Devonte, what did you like?
ARCHIE MILLER: Well, I thought those guys for the first time played on the floor at the same time. It's a very unique deal. Romeo plays a lot of minutes, so having Zach and Damezi available is good but also playing your best offensive players at times is something we'll have to do, and I think that'll be part of what we have to do tomorrow. It also gives your ball handling, gives you -- it gives you speed, it gives you some guys that offensively can do a lot of different types of things.

So I thought those guys did a nice job, and they'll be a big, big key at both ends of the floor defensively and offensively against Arkansas.

Archie's comments today seemed to indicate Romeo won't be playing.  When asked about DeVonte, Rob, and Al's performance last game:

Q. Obviously not having Romeo, but your starting backcourt, 30-something points, double-digit rebounds and assists, not a ton of turnovers between them. As you kind of triage that performance from Al, Rob and Devonte, what did you like?
ARCHIE MILLER: Well, I thought those guys for the first time played on the floor at the same time. It's a very unique deal. Romeo plays a lot of minutes, so having Zach and Damezi available is good but also playing your best offensive players at times is something we'll have to do, and I think that'll be part of what we have to do tomorrow. It also gives your ball handling, gives you -- it gives you speed, it gives you some guys that offensively can do a lot of different types of things.

So I thought those guys did a nice job, and they'll be a big, big key at both ends of the floor defensively and offensively against Arkansas.
So let's be honest....Romeo isn't and never was playing in the NIT. Kill me guys unless you think I'm right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

My son and I went to Fayetteville when we lost
by 1 point. We had a bit of a lead and some genius in the crowd yelled “just throw it to Gaffords”!
Anderson must have heard him because that’s all they did was throw it to Gaffords. He was dang near unstoppable.
Today .... no Gaffords!

Pound em’ HOOSIERS!!!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners