Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Round 2 Game Thread - IU vs. Arkansas | 3/23 (Sat.) @Noon (ET) on ESPN

Posted in the Romeo thread... but applicable here as well...

Post-Game presser Archie said Romeo probably wouldn't play this game either, but he kept alluding to it being a quick turnaround with a game on Thursday. Appears the game isn't until Saturday now... hopefully that gives the back time to feel better and this is truly an injury situation and nothing nefarious.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

So is Gafford not playing?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gafford is sitting out the NIT, declaring for the NBA Draft and signing an agent per Arkansas Head Coach

Game is at 12pm.

First of 2 home meetings with Arkansas between now and next November (we play them for our return game from last year in non conference next year). So we got a 2 for 1 deal in the contract without meaning to instead of a 1 for 1 like we bargained. Not a bad deal:) 

Posted in the Romeo thread... but applicable here as well...
Post-Game presser Archie said Romeo probably wouldn't play this game either, but he kept alluding to it being a quick turnaround with a game on Thursday. Appears the game isn't until Saturday now... hopefully that gives the back time to feel better and this is truly an injury situation and nothing nefarious.

Romeo should absolutely in no way rush back for the NIT if he’s even remotely injured.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We’re 33 games into the season and just hoping the team gives effort for a full 40 minutes. I think all the players, managers, coaching staff, support staff, AD, president, and the BoT should run until this changes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I say stairs at AH

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I'm all for Romeo staying out regardless. Silly to risk injury, and the team is better off learning to play without him. Would rather see the other Gs get valuable PT. 

As long as we still have games and he's still part of this team, he should be playing.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

As long as we still have games and he's still part of this team, he should be playing.

Teams have declined the NIT in the past. I have zero problem when a kid declines. 

And like I said, it's a positive for the other Gs to get PT in advance of next year. 

I don't see too much of a negative at all if he does not play.

Teams have declined the NIT in the past. I have zero problem when a kid declines. 
And like I said, it's a positive for the other Gs to get PT in advance of next year. 
I don't see too much of a negative at all if he does not play.
Negative is were trying to win and he is one of our stars. I however think he is legitimate hurt and will play if healthy

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

44 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Negative is were trying to win and he is one of our stars. I however think he is legitimate hurt and will play if healthy

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree to disagree. NIT is like a bad CFB bowl. It has more value as increased practice time for next year, then anything else. 

Winning without him would mean more than winning with him (from a team perspective).. And for him to risk injury is silly if he's a lottery pick. 

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

I have zero problem when a kid declines. 

The problem with that is it's letting the player decide if he wants to play or not. If I'm Archie, I tell him as long as you can play, you're playing. The head coach needs to be calling the shots, and his job is to win games, not worry about a kid's draft stock.

7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I'm all for Romeo staying out regardless. Silly to risk injury, and the team is better off learning to play without him. Would rather see the other Gs get valuable PT. 

The only thing is that if we are forced to play the other guards, we only have three....plus Anderson.  And all three of them are in the starting rotation.  Any foul trouble, injury, etc., and we could see 26 minutes of Anderson like we did the first time we played Arkansas.