Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBASE @ Indiana State - 3/19/19

It takes us 2 innings to blow the lead. Now down 10-8 because we can't field. Lloyd cost us at least 5 runs with a throwing error. Until Mercer decides to work on fielding we will be decent but lose some winnable games. 

This is a really really good ISU offense but you can't give up free runs. I appreciate what this staff has done in terms of maximizing opportunities on offense (outside of strikeouts) but we've made so many more errors then with the old staff either they are playing guys out of position or not working on it enough. 

And our season in a nutshell continues this time for the good as our situational hitting is really really good as IU takes lead back on Dunham Grand slam. 12-11 top 7.

Like I keep saying under this staff situational hitting and maximizing opportunities is much improved but our fundamentals on D are worse. Its all showed up in this game like it has all season.

Also Kaletha back from injury so just Sommer still on shelf injured.

Drew Ashley HR 14-13! So many HR's today. 

BTW don't have ESPN+ subscription and providing analysis from ISU radio feed so that is why it less detailed since I am not seeing anything like usual when I watch BTN2go subscription.

I'm a little angry at basketball so I was a bit delayed but at least Baseball continued to show heart. We continue to fight through everything. As I said earlier everything this team displays good and bad showed up today with the situational and clutch hitting but also mind boggling errors. 

Good to see our offense has come together and we took that momentum from the weekend to continue hitting (we were helped a bit by wind blowing straight out). This is a top 10 RPI win for now which really helps. I don't expect them to say that high but its still a huge road win. For now IU moves up from 60 to 36 in RPI so it puts us right in contention for NCAA at large bid. 

Onto Big Ten play starting with Iowa at home this weekend.