Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Game Thread - IU vs. St. Francis (PA) | 3/19 @ 7PM(ET) on ESPN

Losing to Arky again in the 2nd round? That won’t matter much. Same if we lost to Providence. We are on the same level as them. Losing to Saint Francis though? We should beat them by 15. Would be pretty embarrassing to lose. Just like when Kentucky lost to Robert Morris in 12-13 after Noel went down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You remembered Noel going down and puke losing in the NIT but didn’t remember IU beating them in the second round. Weird...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This tournament will probably will be the last time we see Juwan and Romeo in an Indiana uniform. Would love for them to go out on top and win this thing. Can’t do anything else at this point

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
With Gafford from Arkansas deciding not to play in the NIT and enter the draft it got me wondering...do you all think Romeo actually hasn't decided if he is leaving or not next season? CZ came back for his sophomore year so it's not unheard of, and Romeo would gain nothing by playing in the NIT unless he is returning.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

I can...  and it won't be a big deal, because it's just an NIT game.  Is anyone going to remember losing an NIT game 5 years from now?
All depends if we make the ncaa in the next 5 years or not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Chinese proverb:  You are the room you're standing in.

We're standing in a room with a bunch of NIT teams.  It's what we are.  Doesn't matter that we beat MSU twice or any of the other junk.  I want to see these guys fight and trade blows the whole game.  

So these guys start 4 guards, and have a statistically terrible defense.  There's a chance that our offense will work better than it did in the B1G.  We should find plenty of opportunities inside, where our PPP should be very high.  The danger in this game is no surprise:  they've got two guards averaging over 15 ppg, both around 36% from 3.  Let's get them locked down.  

I'm already over the disappointment of the NCAA snub.  We are right where we deserve.  Waiting to see if these guys compete with honor from here out.  Would honestly love a crack at NCState, their bellyaching is over the top.
Yep

With Gafford from Arkansas deciding not to play in the NIT and enter the draft it got me wondering...do you all think Romeo actually hasn't decided if he is leaving or not next season? CZ came back for his sophomore year so it's not unheard of, and Romeo would gain nothing by playing in the NIT unless he is returning.

One guy on another site claimed romeo is likely coming back per his so called new albany connections. I give it a 1% of happening

Of course you remember it. It was the greatest moment in IU basketball since 2002. 
Which is the problem 

We understand that it’s the problem, but if you are constantly negative and don’t let up, you are going to get responses questioning you.

You remembered Noel going down and puke losing in the NIT but didn’t remember IU beating them in the second round. Weird...

Memorable year. We were great with Zeller and Oladipo. But I remember that Kentucky team with Goodwin, Noel, Poythress and Cayley-Stein. Along with the Duke team of Plumlee, Curry, Kelly and Cook. The Michigan State and Michigan teams. Georgetown winning the Big East regular season and then getting whooped by FGCU and starting Lob City. Jamaal Franklin for San Diego St throwing it off the backboard to himself was awesome. SDSU also got whooped by FGCU that year in the 2nd round. Kevin Wares injury was that season in the tourney.

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Greatest for who? It was cool to see Bryant so pumped and Yogi going back to the Sweet 16 but I don’t think it’s the greatest.

We furthest win in the tourney in that time. Ties with 2 other years I suppose. 

Suppose the game against Michigan for the Big Ten title is up there I suppose

We furthest win in the tourney in that time. Ties with 2 other years I suppose. 
Suppose the game against Michigan for the Big Ten title is up there I suppose

Top 5? Kentucky 2011, Kentucky 2016, Michigan 2x 2013, Temple 2013, Michigan State 2012, Michigan State 2x 2013, NC State 2011, Ohio State 2012, UNC 2012. Just in those two years there were a lot of fun games. But after that.... it scaled back a lot... Ohio State 2014, Maryland 2015, Kansas 2016, UNC 2016, Michigan St 2x 2019. From the 11-12 through the 12-13 there were more memorable games than there have been from 13-14 season to the 18-19. Which was the biggest? UK 2011? Tourney wise I’d definitely say it was UK 2016. The other two years we beat Temple and VCU. So beating Kentucky was quite a bit bigger. Especially a very talented UK team like that with Ulis and Murray. OG getting those two huge blocks on Murray was great. Bryant and Yogi started shredding them towards the end. Skal Labissiere was about as overrated as could be.

6 hours ago, mbredenk101 said:

I won't be 100% sure Romeo is playing in the NIT until he steps foot on thr floor Tuesday.