Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Game Thread - IU vs. St. Francis (PA) | 3/19 @ 7PM(ET) on ESPN

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I actually don't think Rob got fouled ... He just didn't make a smart play. ... One on three -- he's got to pull that back and wait for help. 

Possibly, but the foul tbey called 5 seconds later was no different.

But your main point is correct - he brought the ball across half court with about 11 seconds left.  The smart play was to get the last shot.

Archie showing more fire and passion than any player (of ours) on the floor.

Gonna be a long offseason, and probably even longer season next year. This program is in deep shi*t.

I hope you're wrong but I don't think you are. I like Archie but it's going to be almost impossible to be successful here if we miss the tournament next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

The nit could have been a positive thing but these guys got to come out like this against a clearly inferior opponent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. I was thinking if we have no one one the bench that can play better than this, we are in a world of hurt. And if this is acceptable to this staff, it’s even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

How does Fred Glass look at himself in the mirror? He has ruined Indiana basketball, perhaps permanently. I hope the administration is proud of themselves. Do they think they have made anything better by screwing up athletics possibly beyond repair? Is the university better? Are students and alumni happier?

Why should he be concerned?  The people that would have to fire (even though he fully deserves it) couldn't possibly care less about horrid performances.

1 minute ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

What did y’all expect? This team doesn’t give a **** about the NIT. They’ve mailed it in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They didn't give a **** about most of January/February either.

This is a perfect example as to why I don’t like the NIT. It’s meaningless. IU sure thinks that way. None of you should be surprised they’re playing like this tonight. This team didn’t get up for a B1G tournament game. They weren’t going to be ready for an NIT game. This is way worse than losing in the First Four

1 minute ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

What did y’all expect? This team doesn’t give a **** about the NIT. They’ve mailed it in.

They didn’t give a **** about any part of this season. 

5 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

I hope you're wrong but I don't think you are. I like Archie but it's going to be almost impossible to be successful here if we miss the tournament next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

If we had a lot of talent coming in next year, I'd feel better. We don't. We have no recruiting momentum and next year on paper, we look like a 6th-8th place team at best.

I don't remember where I expected us to be at this point two years ago when Archie was hired, but it sure as heck wasn't losing at home to KenPom #261 in the NIT.

If this team is going to give any effort I’d rather they stay in the locker room and just forfeit...play the Walk-ons for the remainder of the game at least they’ll try.

Same here. Arch seems like a guy afraid of the ramifications of benching the “stars”. I would rather lose with end of the bench guys playing hard than those guys that played the first half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Why should he be concerned?  The people that would have to fire (even though he fully deserves it) couldn't possibly care less about horrid performances.

We're better off boycotting Simon malls, Ken Nunn, and whoever else keeps pumping money to keep the Titanic afloat.