Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Game Thread - IU vs. St. Francis (PA) | 3/19 @ 7PM(ET) on ESPN

13 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo does sit tomorrow with back soreness but comes back for game 2 because we shouldn’t need him tomorrow. I also really think there is a chance he comes back next year after not making the tourney this year. He just seems like a different type of kid. You don’t hear him talking about getting to the league like you do with others. Also he could have went to Kentucky Duke KAnsas or wherever he wanted to be that one done type with all the exposure but choose to pick Indiana and stay home. I think the fans mean a lot to him and he won’t want to go out this way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

But if he is having back problems and wrist problems this season why come back to get banged around for a second season when he could be getting paid to get banged around. 

I think I am getting a hold of how this will work ticket wise tonight. 

The court level is assigned seating and their is very limited availability in the north end zone. The south end zone will be an actual student section with the band as usual. After the south court is full the remaining students and public will sit anywhere they want in Main Level. Again this is not confirmed but based on how they are selling tickets and knowing the layout of Assembly Hall well I am using logic. 

Again I think this is ideal way to do it along with the cheaper tickets ($20), free parking and free student tickets as well as a (presumed) organized student section. I have been critical of administration for a lot of things but they have handled this NIT perfectly and hopefully we can maximize attendance at 7-10K. Its also a great opportunity for people to take their families in Bloomington who never get to go and get good seats at affordable price.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I think I am getting a hold of how this will work ticket wise tonight. 

The court level is assigned seating and their is very limited availability in the north end zone. The south end zone will be an actual student section with the band as usual. After the south court is full the remaining students and public will sit anywhere they want in Main Level. Again this is not confirmed but based on how they are selling tickets and knowing the layout of Assembly Hall well I am using logic. 

Again I think this is ideal way to do it along with the cheaper tickets ($20), free parking and free student tickets as well as a (presumed) organized student section. I have been critical of administration for a lot of things but they have handled this NIT perfectly and hopefully we can maximize attendance at 7-10K. Its also a great opportunity for people to take their families in Bloomington who never get to go and get good seats at affordable price.

Certainly one million percent better than they handled the last NIT appearance.

15 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo does sit tomorrow with back soreness but comes back for game 2 because we shouldn’t need him tomorrow.

Agree there.   I don't see Miller or Romeo using an injury excuse if he is really thinking of sitting the NIT out.  I think they'd just come out and announce it.

Why are so many up in arms if Romeo will play or sit? He stated he was going to, CAM says he is expected to, do you need the freakin pope to come down and tell you he is? He has had back issues before, he has played all season with the wrist problems. he has had more than one occasion this season to give up and throw in the towel in games, including puking his guts out at half time, taking a shot to the nose that probably should have broken it. The kid enjoys basketball and seems to enjoy being a Hoosier from all accounts outside of IU basketball. So why all the he’s gonna throw in the towel, now?

Well said. I think it might be wise for Romeo to sit tonight, only because him being day-to-day and I would rather have him full strength for the other games. Ha e him ready to go tonight if able, but don’t use him unless needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m curious to see if the offense flows any better. Probably not, but here’s to hoping.

It'll be hard to tell against this caliber of team, close or blowout.

Idc if Romeo is sitting because of back soreness or because he’s protecting himself. Either way, I’m cool with Romeo doing what is best for him. 

I would love for him to play, but I’m curious how we look on offense as a team without him. Will be interesting to see and might be better long-term for us

Called it Sunday and other Hoosier fans berated me (not on this site). Don't blame him at all. He's got a future to think about. Time for other guys to step up with increased opportunity. Feed Juwan early and often. If he gets in foul trouble may God have mercy.