Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Game Thread - IU vs. St. Francis (PA) | 3/19 @ 7PM(ET) on ESPN

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I won't be 100% sure Romeo is playing in the NIT until he steps foot on thr floor Tuesday.

Well, that didn't take long....CAM says Romeo is 'day to day' with back stiffness.  Says he expects him to play against St.Francis but I'm not holding my breath.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/03/18/indiana-basketball-romeo-langford-injury-date/amp/

Why are so many up in arms if Romeo will play or sit? He stated he was going to, CAM says he is expected to, do you need the freakin pope to come down and tell you he is? He has had back issues before, he has played all season with the wrist problems. he has had more than one occasion this season to give up and throw in the towel in games, including puking his guts out at half time, taking a shot to the nose that probably should have broken it. The kid enjoys basketball and seems to enjoy being a Hoosier from all accounts outside of IU basketball. So why all the he’s gonna throw in the towel, now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo does sit tomorrow with back soreness but comes back for game 2 because we shouldn’t need him tomorrow. I also really think there is a chance he comes back next year after not making the tourney this year. He just seems like a different type of kid. You don’t hear him talking about getting to the league like you do with others. Also he could have went to Kentucky Duke KAnsas or wherever he wanted to be that one done type with all the exposure but choose to pick Indiana and stay home. I think the fans mean a lot to him and he won’t want to go out this way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo does sit tomorrow with back soreness but comes back for game 2 because we shouldn’t need him tomorrow. I also really think there is a chance he comes back next year after not making the tourney this year. He just seems like a different type of kid. You don’t hear him talking about getting to the league like you do with others. Also he could have went to Kentucky Duke KAnsas or wherever he wanted to be that one done type with all the exposure but choose to pick Indiana and stay home. I think the fans mean a lot to him and he won’t want to go out this way.

I don’t think he’ll decide that until after the season is over. If he’s a projected lottery pick I hope he goes after the money. He had back stiffness in the O$U game so it’s nothing new. Another reason elite guards choose to play in other conferences. I’d hate to get the crap beat out of me all season long too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Per the IU ticket office the ticket price is $20 and free parking.
I bought some last night. Not sure how many will be available with the student tickets being free.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hell yeah, lets go win this thing!! I'm tempted to make the drive tomorrow and sit fairly close at a cheap price but may hold until I see how they play, then hit Arkansas. I want them to beat the brakes off St Francis. I'm talking 30 point kill shot. Then, they may have Hoosiers Nation check back in. We'll be back, but this isn't the team that does big things. Let's just enjoy these guys while we have them. I hope Juwan and Deron punk that whole front line. 

And if Romeo is stiff, just dress him and have him on standby to be healthier for Arkansas/Providence. 

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Why are so many up in arms if Romeo will play or sit? He stated he was going to, CAM says he is expected to, do you need the freakin pope to come down and tell you he is? He has had back issues before, he has played all season with the wrist problems. he has had more than one occasion this season to give up and throw in the towel in games, including puking his guts out at half time, taking a shot to the nose that probably should have broken it. The kid enjoys basketball and seems to enjoy being a Hoosier from all accounts outside of IU basketball. So why all the he’s gonna throw in the towel, now?

Daniel Gafford is sitting the tournament out for Arkansas after playing every for two years with Arkansas.  So why is he 'throwing in thd towel now'?  Think he hasn't had to go through similar things?

Answer:  he made a decision based on putting his own interests before the team's.  He's a projected first round pick.  

So when I say that I'll be 100% coevinced that Romeo is playing thd NIT when he steps on the court, that is indicative if the fact that he most certainly would not be the first guy to do so based on what several other guts have done before him.  I didn't say it with any venom directed toward him.  I did NOT say 'he's going to quit on the team and throw in the towel'.  I would say what I said about any projected lottery pick playing in the NIT.

Daniel Gafford is sitting the tournament out for Arkansas after playing every for two years with Arkansas.  So why is he 'throwing in thd towel now'?  Think he hasn't had to go through similar things?
Answer:  he made a decision based on putting his own interests before the team's.  He's a projected first round pick.  
So when I say that I'll be 100% coevinced that Romeo is playing thd NIT when he steps on the court, that is indicative if the fact that he most certainly would not be the first guy to do so based on what several other guts have done before him.  I didn't say it with any venom directed toward him.  I did NOT say 'he's going to quit on the team and throw in the towel'.  I would say what I said about any projected lottery pick playing in the NIT.

Wasn’t singling you out, your definitely not the only person to say it. I was just commenting on why all of this now especially since he has said he is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If I were Romeo, I would not play one second of the NIT. I’m not saying this bc I think these games are meaningless. I think this is a time to play young guys and start looking forward to next season. Practice time baby

If I were Romeo, I would not play one second of the NIT. I’m not saying this bc I think these games are meaningless. I think this is a time to play young guys and start looking forward to next season. Practice time baby

So what you’re actually saying is that CAM should bench him.