Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I did not mean you. Sorry. I was just responding generally to some posts ive read. Some people sound like this is indiana of 1993 that is just to darn good for the nit. We have missed the ncaa 4 of the last 6 years. We are currently not a good program. Hopefully it changes but if people think we are too good for the nit simply do not watch then.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I got you! We are on the same page for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t hate the player for doing what is best for their long term success, hate the game that made these things the way they are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I kinda get that but it’s a little weak too me.

Zion Williamson could have miked his injury until the season was over and been #1 pick.
He’s a competitor though and a teammate and that says a lot more than those players that sit out.

I understand the injury risk factor but most of these stars have insurance policies. the NBA already have these guys pegged at what range they are projected in the draft. 3 months of training isn’t going to effect it that much. I think the interviews probably have a bigger impact than the on court stuff at that point.

Maybe it’s just me, but I want competitors and players that hate to lose on my squad. College and NBA.

I kinda get that but it’s a little weak too me.

Zion Williamson could have miked his injury until the season was over and been #1 pick.
He’s a competitor though and a teammate and that says a lot more than those players that sit out.

I understand the injury risk factor but most of these stars have insurance policies. the NBA already have these guys pegged at what range they are projected in the draft. 3 months of training isn’t going to effect it that much. I think the interviews probably have a bigger impact than the on court stuff at that point.

Maybe it’s just me, but I want competitors and players that hate to lose on my squad. College and NBA.

This is where I am at. There isn’t a huge difference in players in the 4* range. Give me the competitor that’s 80+ over the entitled high 4* or even 5*.

You can teach a kid to shoot, dribble, defend, etc. but you can’t teach a kid heart and how to compete.

I believe that doomed our season with the lack of competitors.

This is where I am at. There isn’t a huge difference in players in the 4* range. Give me the competitor that’s 80+ over the entitled high 4* or even 5*.

You can teach a kid to shoot, dribble, defend, etc. but you can’t teach a kid heart and how to compete.

I believe that doomed our season with the lack of competitors.

Some 5 and 4* kids stick around. Like Wayne Selden and Justin Jackson.

Don’t hate the player for doing what is best for their long term success, hate the game that made these things the way they are.

EDIT- I saw he hired an agent after I posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Who said to hate the player? My question was if he decides to come back, does Arkansas allow him on their team since in my opinion he "quit" on the team. That is not hate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Who said to hate the player? My question was if he decides to come back, does Arkansas allow him on their team since in my opinion he "quit" on the team. That is not hate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hard to say he even quit on the team. We don't know the discussions he had with the coach/players. Maybe they encouraged him to do what was best for him. If it was the NCAA tourney, I'd be upset. But it's the NIT. He's carried that team on his back all year, hard for them to complain. 

Like all the free crap you get being at a school like Arkansas? Must be tough.

It’s not free. It’s payment for a service. It’s all highly transactional.

Zero issue with someone choosing to sit out of a tournament that has very little value for those not returning to the team the following year.

Zion playing for the real championship makes sense to me. It’d be strange if someone sat out the actual Tournament. Sitting out the NIT makes perfect sense to me.

It’s not free. It’s payment for a service. It’s all highly transactional.

Zero issue with someone choosing to sit out of a tournament that has very little value for those not returning to the team the following year.

Zion playing for the real championship makes sense to me. It’d be strange if someone sat out the actual Tournament. Sitting out the NIT makes perfect sense to me.

It ends up making itself up. A single player gets free schooling, housing, gear from Nike/Adidas/Jordan/UA etc, flights, marketing, branding, training.... am I missing anything?

It ends up making itself up. A single player gets free schooling, housing, gear from Nike/Adidas/Jordan/UA etc, flights, marketing, branding, training.... am I missing anything?

Does it? At a school like Indiana pulling in tens of millions of the basketball program? From a dollars perspective, who knows, but the schools are clearly more than happy, and regardless, like I said, it’s a transaction.

However, the transaction wasn’t fruitful enough, with NCAA missing generational stars like LeBron. Next thing you know, OAD rule. So, they created a situation where some players are essentially on loan. They can choose whether or not to play, and clearly most choose to play.

In the NIT, which you and others have already stated is a BS tournament with no value, why would anyone with NBA hopes play? No one is watching anyway (hence $20 tickets).

Does it? At a school like Indiana pulling in tens of millions of the basketball program? From a dollars perspective, who knows, but the schools are clearly more than happy, and regardless, like I said, it’s a transaction.

However, the transaction wasn’t fruitful enough, with NCAA missing generational stars like LeBron. Next thing you know, OAD rule. So, they created a situation where some players are essentially on loan. They can choose whether or not to play, and clearly most choose to play.

In the NIT, which you and others have already stated is a BS tournament with no value, why would anyone with NBA hopes play? No one is watching anyway (hence $20 tickets).

Indiana makes a profit of what 20 million maybe in basketball? That isn’t that much. It is tops in CBB, but think about how many NBA players make 20+ million a year by themselves. Those guys generate a ton of money. CBB is very different. How many schools actually end up with a profit at the end of the year?

Also, the One and Done rule was created by the NBA. The NCAA had nothing to do with it. People in the NBA got tired of getting burned on some HS players, made excuses and wanted a year of college to be able to evaluate them better.

The NIT isn’t BS. And I’ve never said it was. I don’t think Indiana belongs in it though because I believe we should never miss the NCAA tourney(which is realistic).

Indiana makes a profit of what 20 million maybe in basketball? That isn’t that much. It is tops in CBB, but think about how many NBA players make 20+ million a year by themselves. Those guys generate a ton of money. CBB is very different. How many schools actually end up with a profit at the end of the year?

Also, the One and Done rule was created by the NBA. The NCAA had nothing to do with it. People in the NBA got tired of getting burned on some HS players, made excuses and wanted a year of college to be able to evaluate them better.

The NIT isn’t BS. And I’ve never said it was. I don’t think Indiana belongs in it though because I believe we should never miss the NCAA tourney(which is realistic).

If you think the NCAA had no part in the one and done rule I’ve got something to sell ya.