Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I think so it opens up the lanes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Opens it up but goes well with the deeper 3 point lone as the floor opens up even more. Will help pretty much everyone. Might hurt any team who relies heavily on defense as it becomes more difficult to defend in space. But creates a much better product.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I agree

I would prefer four quarters over the current set up.  Go with television timeouts at five minutes left between quarters with a longer commercial break between quarters.  Instead of four television time outs in a half there would be three with one of them being longer.

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I think so it opens up the lanes

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Opens it up but goes well with the deeper 3 point lone as the floor opens up even more. Will help pretty much everyone. Might hurt any team who relies heavily on defense as it becomes more difficult to defend in space. But creates a much better product.

Thanks for the responses. 

Probably already covered so I'll apologize in advance.  The 3-point line being used matches that used by FIBA in international play and the widening of the lane matches that used in the NBA.  Given the increased athleticism of players today vs. players of 20 years ago, I'd favor both being implemented at the college level.  Also, I really like the move to 4 10-minute quarters adopted for women's basketball.  

I am against the 4 quarter's. I like the way it is with the 20 minute half. My only reason is I hate change and like the way it is currently. I could get use to quarter's probably but dont want to. I hate change lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Probably already covered so I'll apologize in advance.  The 3-point line being used matches that used by FIBA in international play and the widening of the lane matches that used in the NBA.  Given the increased athleticism of players today vs. players of 20 years ago, I'd favor both being implemented at the college level.  Also, I really like the move to 4 10-minute quarters adopted for women's basketball.  

I’m with you on the first 2. I like the halves though. 

Would really like them to implement a system where coaches can challenge fouls and get them taken off of a player. Not in real time to slow the game down but could help to keep stars off the bench. 

The women’s games definitely have a better flow to them than the men’s games do.

23 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I am against the 4 quarter's. I like the way it is with the 20 minute half. My only reason is I hate change and like the way it is currently. I could get use to quarter's probably but dont want to. I hate change lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

IU had a lot of problems putting two halves together.  Think how hard it would be to put FOUR quarters together.

8 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I can never read or hear “Norfolk” and not think of “Norfolk & Waypal Services”. Will be in my head all day now. Thanks a lot!

It's right up there with the Pinkley Taurus from Pinkley Ford.  Going back a few more decades, I always think about Jane Curtain on SNL pronouncing 'Norfolk' without the 'l' and with a 'u' while winking at the camera.