Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:
Really, another reason to laugh at this fanbase! 

Irrelevant if IU wanted to decline the NIT or not it’s not their choice. No team can decline an invite to the NIT now. Ncaa owns and runs the NIT now. They have their own committee of former coaches(Keady is one) and a chairman that selects the field. Fans might not like it but that’s how it is for now on

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Its the hand we earned. We are an NIT program right now period. The arrogance of some fans is interesting in reading some of the posts on these boards.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well certainly I didn’t mean to sound arrogant. Just miswrote. My B. I just meant, in reality the only thing certain is we are in the NIT. So I shall root for iu in the NIT!

Well certainly I didn’t mean to sound arrogant. Just miswrote. My B. I just meant, in reality the only thing certain is we are in the NIT. So I shall root for iu in the NIT!

I did not mean you. Sorry. I was just responding generally to some posts ive read. Some people sound like this is indiana of 1993 that is just to darn good for the nit. We have missed the ncaa 4 of the last 6 years. We are currently not a good program. Hopefully it changes but if people think we are too good for the nit simply do not watch then.

Wow, if Arkansas can make it passed Providence and we meet them in the second round, Arkansas will be without Gafford. He has declared for the draft and will not participate in the NIT.
Really?

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Really?

Mike Miller retweeted a Kyle Deckelbaum tweet and There is a clip on Twitter of Arkansas coach stating that he will declare.

I get people being frustrated for not making the NCAA Tournament, I am one of them, but we should still support the team. Archie is only in year two, dealt with countless injuries, player issues, and players who were recruited for a completely different system. Next year has a lot of question marks, but there should be an NCCA Tournament bid.

Anyway, can’t wait to watch the Hoosiers tomorrow, and as long as they show up, should win their first two rounds!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow, if Arkansas can make it passed Providence and we meet them in the second round, Arkansas will be without Gafford. He has declared for the draft and will not participate in the NIT.
If he decides to comeback, will Arkansas take him back since he "quit" on his team?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, reconmkd said:

My guess is they won't get past Providence, since Gafford won't be participating.  

I know there's a strong argument that players aren't treated fairly (a lot of people will be earning money while we watch these kids entertain for "free"), but should a player who signed a formal contract (a legally binding agreement) to play basketball in exchange for a free education be allowed to leave the team prematurely?  I can't say I blame him, necessarily, but this seems to go against the contract which was signed.  Perhaps he's dropping out of school (before the semester ends), so this negates the legally binding agreement?  Perhaps the school and coaches must allow him to bow out early (which I know the coach supports his decision)?  Anyone know the rules in this matter?

I understand the risk of injury with each game, and I know I wouldn't want to lose out on a chance for million dollar carrots dangling before my eyes, but without injury he could also increase his draft stock (although, likely less via the NIT).  I can't say I blame him, but still...

4 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Actually hate that, I wanted a legit rematch and now I highly doubt they beat Providence.