Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

I just don’t understand this mentality. Of course they should have. IU isn’t above the NIT. They sure haven’t proven lately if so. I just hope the team isn’t in full pout mode like some fans come Tuesday and stink it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad part is, I could see some of our players having this mindset. I want players who relish the chance to play any game, regardless of circumstances. I'd much rather support a team that goes into this with a chip on its shoulder, wanting to prove it should have been included in the tournament and send the seniors out with a bang. If we win a few games and go down swinging, it sends us into the offseason with a little bit of momentum. If we lose early and look bad doing it, that stench will be around until next November.

The sad part is, I could see some of our players having this mindset. I want players who relish the chance to play any game, regardless of circumstances. I'd much rather support a team that goes into this with a chip on its shoulder, wanting to prove it should have been included in the tournament and send the seniors out with a bang. If we win a few games and go down swinging, it sends us into the offseason with a little bit of momentum. If we lose early and look bad doing it, that stench will be around until next November.

I would love to see them come out with that “chip on their shoulder attitude “ but totally agree that a few might not be mentally into it. Hope we’re wrong because like you said, it would be a great momentum builder for next year if they could put a run together

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

I’m an Archie believer, I’m just upset this is the 3rd straight year we’ve missed. And our consolation prize is the NIT. Yuck

He isn’t responsible for the 1st year. And he inherited issues he has been trying to fix. This isn’t directed at you but I see a lot of people pissed and venting at Archie for things out of his control. Let’s be honest, if we don’t have the injury issue, we win 20 games in year 2 and are safely in the NCAA’s. 

1 minute ago, hoopsta007 said:

I’m being facetious. Sorry I didn’t clarify that better

Lol my bad.

I do get excited for home games against teams with a pulse though, so I’m excited for next year against the Backs!

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll watch. IU better win this freaking tournament though

Odds are against this, but I think we will learn more about this team/players tuesday then what we actually realize.

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

He isn’t responsible for the 1st year. And he inherited issues he has been trying to fix. This isn’t directed at you but I see a lot of people passed and venting at Archie for things out of his control. Let’s be honest, if we don’t have the injury issue, we win 20 games in year 2 and are safely in the NCAA’s. 

Injuries did have some bearing on the results of this team. However, lack of effort has been even more of a reason. All they had to do was play with effort 40 minutes a game. Had they done that, they’d been in the tournament. Even with the injuries

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Lol. He’s back. Seriously, I get your disappointment but I for one would be stoked to see an NIT championship at this stage

I never left

What I wouldn’t give to see a team like this. I was always the “little guy” and had to fight like hell. I thought, and still do to an extent, that Archie will have this mindset at some point. It seems we have had a bit too much entitlement for far too long. I know it won’t happen but now that we’re healthy I’d love to see Archie play coach these games with a “balls to the walls or sit” mentality. The first sign of someone not giving their all gets you a first row seat at Assembly Hall for the next X amount of minutes.

It’s sad we’re in this position to be playing in the NIT but if you break it down we’re a few stretches in several games away from being a decent seed in the big dance. As I said a month ago, the team would do jus enough to be close but not get over the hump to dance just like in a number of games they competed just long enough to make it a game for a bit then just fall apart. Sad reality.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app