Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

2nd year of a new regime,  patience young grasshopper!

I’m an Archie believer, I’m just upset this is the 3rd straight year we’ve missed. And our consolation prize is the NIT. Yuck

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty certain we get them in the Hall next season as well when it counts.

Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. Home and home. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Indiana-Hoosiers-basketball-schedule-home-and-home-series-119559789/Amp/

I’m with VO. NIT means absolutely nothing. IU shouldn’t have even accepted the bid
Well its the only tournament we can make the last three years so better than nothing I guess.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I’m with VO. NIT means absolutely nothing. IU shouldn’t have even accepted the bid

I just don’t understand this mentality. Of course they should have. IU isn’t above the NIT. They sure haven’t proven lately if so. I just hope the team isn’t in full pout mode like some fans come Tuesday and stink it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Why?  Such a disappointing take from you, usually you're Mr Optimistic.   The chance to play more games is a plus, especially for the young players.

That’s because the NIT means nothing. Who here really thinks IU is going to come out and try to win this thing?

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

I just don’t understand this mentality. Of course they should have. IU isn’t above the NIT. They sure haven’t proven lately if so. I just hope the team isn’t in full pout mode like some fans come Tuesday and stink it up

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stink it up

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Well, three wins in Assembly Hall over the next week gets Archie to 20 wins in his second season and a trip to MSG. Still stings a bit, but it is something.  Trying to stay positive.   

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stink it up

Me neither but my hope is that the OSU debacle left a bad taste in their mouth. I just think more games is a good thing with this group

Just now, hoosierdogg said:

Well, three wins in Assembly Hall over the next week gets Archie to 20 wins in his second season and a trip to MSG. Still stings a bit, but it is something.  Trying to stay positive.   

I try to stay positive. NIT though... I just can’t. I hope they win the thing. Still wouldn’t take the sting off not being good enough for the NCAA tournament

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Pretty sure playing them at home next year  is a lose lose for IU.  The committee won’t value this win like they should and a home loss would really hurt. Go with more of a sure thing. Flip flop them with Arkansas St.

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That’s because the NIT means nothing. Who here really thinks IU is going to come out and try to win this thing?

I want to think they will and that Archie can get them too!  After Thursdays stinkfest I'm not so sure, but this could get rid of some of those concerns!

I try to stay positive. NIT though... I just can’t. I hope they win the thing. Still wouldn’t take the sting off not being good enough for the NCAA tournament
Last year we had nothing. Right now indiana is not a program above the nit. We just arent

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, hoopsta007 said:

Pretty sure playing them at home next year  is a lose lose for IU.  The committee won’t value this win like they should and a home loss would really hurt. Go with more of a sure thing. Flip flop them with Arkansas St.

Well...that’s not really how it works.