Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

30 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Not to be that guy, but don’t we have a thread specifically to complain about Fred Glass?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sometimes conversations morph.    Better to just deal with it and don't be "that guy."

Do you eat all of one thing on your plate before moving to the next thing?    Do you truly expect people to say "oh....there's a thread about this..let's go there?"   Sometimes...conversations change topic and direction.   

9 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Wilson deserved to be fired for more than just his treatment of players. His recruiting went into the tank and he was immoral in his personal life. The problem was Glass walking down the hall and giving the job to Tom Allen with no coaching search.

McRobbie and the BOT are awful but they are buried in like a tick. At some point even they have to hear the grumbling though.

Eh.  His personal life is his personal life.    We had a president of our country receiving.....Lewinski's under his desk in the oval office.   We can tolerate a football coach's problems.

I'm sure McRobbie hears it.   I'm also sure he doesn't care.

I'll contribute my $.02 to the further derailment of this thread.   I believe most agree that McRobbie and the BofT are a big part of our current problem and a great many want Glass fired blaming him as well.  So go ahead and fire Glass, but who's going to hire his replacement?  McRobbie and the current BofT.  So do you really think you'll get an improvement or upgrade?  And would a truly competent candidate want to come to IU knowing how its President and BofT viewed athletics?  IMO, the problem we have needs to be solved from the top down not bottom up.  

I'll contribute my $.02 to the further derailment of this thread.   I believe most agree that McRobbie and the BofT are a big part of our current problem and a great many want Glass fired blaming him as well.  So go ahead and fire Glass, but who's going to hire his replacement?  McRobbie and the current BofT.  So do you really think you'll get an improvement or upgrade?  And would a truly competent candidate want to come to IU knowing how its President and BofT viewed athletics?  IMO, the problem we have needs to be solved from the top down not bottom up.  

I agree and this is one area where folks need to listen to Dakich. He names names when he goes off on this topic and has been singing this song for a couple of years at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bingo.

Sometimes conversations morph.    Better to just deal with it and don't be "that guy."
Do you eat all of one thing on your plate before moving to the next thing?    Do you truly expect people to say "oh....there's a thread about this..let's go there?"   Sometimes...conversations change topic and direction.   

Haha great answer, Old Friend. I personally just don’t give a crap who our AD is, I just wanna win

A few personal positives from yesterday?

I loved the fight in Al Durham. Hopefully he can be the vocal - emphasis on vocal - upperclassman leader we need next year.

When three point shots start falling, we played much better. Many may disagree, but it gives me confidence that Archie’s system works when there are just mediocre shooters.

I think we all grew to love Davis as the season progressed. We should never count on him as a starter, but if can give us a solid 10-15 minutes a game with 8 points, that’d be excellent

20 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I agree and this is one area where folks need to listen to Dakich. He names names when he goes off on this topic and has been singing this song for a couple of years at least.

I love the story Dakich tells about how while he was at Bowling Green he called the AD and told him to hire Urban Meyer, whom was also at BG at the time. The AD laughed in Dakich's face and hired Gerry DiNardo instead.

19 hours ago, reconmkd said:

I don't know who is going to replace Delaney when he leaves, but this tackle basketball has to stop! It does not make the B1G any better than other conferences and I really believe that it hurts B1G teams in the NCAA tourney. There were soooo many non-calls today that it was ridiculous! How can you not call a foul on Jallow for flying into a jump ball situation that results in AD getting elbowed in the back of the head while getting slammed to the ground?

Bingo... That was a flagrant and it goes as a non-call?! It looked like the OSU kid didn't mean to do it, but it's still a foul for Gods sake.

13 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I think we all grew to love Davis as the season progressed. We should never count on him as a starter, but if can give us a solid 10-15 minutes a game with 8 points, that’d be excellent

would guess that because he was still recovering from his injury, Davis'  offseason opportunities to train were somewhat limited last year, and with a spate of new injuries this season, he was really to slow to work into game shape. ... I'm hoping that this offseason, he's 100 percent good to go, can get into great shape and come back as a really solid contributor. If that happens, I don't see why he can't start and play 25-30 minutes a game and give us 15 points and 8-9 boards. Maybe I'm aiming too high ... but I think the potential is there.

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

would guess that because he was still recovering from his injury, Davis'  offseason opportunities to train were somewhat limited last year, and with a spate of new injuries this season, he was really to slow to work into game shape. ... I'm hoping that this offseason, he's 100 percent good to go, can get into great shape and come back as a really solid contributor. If that happens, I don't see why he can't start and play 25-30 minutes a game and give us 15 points and 8-9 boards. Maybe I'm aiming too high ... but I think the potential is there.

I would love to see DD come back fully healthy and kill it next year. I feel for the young man, he's had to deal with a lot of serious/lingering injuries. In my mind, he's been one of the bright spots this year. I would love to see what a fully healthy/trained up Davis can do. If he can just get a little more lift from those banged up knees, he could have a big year (next year).