Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

He is more and plays like a 5. He is a undersized 5. All his shots are dunks, post moves and layups. He weighs more then Morgan and I feel he will be able to handle the Bigs better then Morgan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hope so. Morgan publicly alluded to not liking being our 5. I like DeRon and he is always a net positive to me when he is on the floor but his limited athleticism really hurts him on offense and defense.

Jake and Clifton are big question marks at this point in about every way.

I wish I saw more minutes from both of them this year.

Hope so. Morgan publicly alluded to not liking being our 5. I like DeRon and he is always a net positive to me when he is on the floor but his limited athleticism really hurts him on offense and defense.

Jake and Clifton are big question marks at this point in about every way.

I wish I saw more minutes from both of them this year.

Morgan was always a PF and was forced to play the 5. TJD has played the 5 his whole high school career and probably shot the ball outside the paint no more then 10 times besides FT. When he was saying they were comparing him to playing like Morgan they had to be basing that on developing him into that player because that’s not who he is as of today

Since very early in the season it was clear that we lacked a bruiser up front and a dead-eye from outside.  Those, unfortunately, were two weaknesses that cannot be cured though coaching and we had to make do with what we had. 

Just watched the game. Justin Smith didn’t provided anything... Very disappointed in him this season. Thought he turned the corner after this 4 game solid game streak. Phinisee was the X factor going into the game. He provided very little. (CJ Jackson be gone. Never want to see you again.) IU needs a Center next year. It’s just too hard to win without a 6’10+ or a 6’9 bruiser. I think I had Romeo at around 4 shots going into half. That number probably should have been doubled. I hope Green continues to take that next step up. If he plays like he has the last few games... Durham can slide to the bench and Phinisee can have some of the pressure taken off of him next year because he’ll be carrying a weighted-Ton load of the work next year. 

Despite a world class strength and conditioning coach who I think is excellent, Indiana played against a bigger stronger team today again.

At some point I’d like Indiana to have a Nick Ward, Kaleb Wesson, etc. heck even a Haarms or that foreign dude from Illinois.

A real true matchup problem.

Big guys killed us all season long. We don’t have that answer on the roster and we don’t have that guy recruited.

It’s no wonder Indiana’s best 2 seasons in a long while were anchored by Cody Zeller. And even he got manhandled in several matchups.

Anyway, TJD in my mind is more like Juwan Morgan than a true 5 but I hope I’m wrong.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Said it before this season that we needed another big. I hate the style of play in the Big Ten. It’s based on how tough and then fake tough you can be. If we want to compete in the Big Ten we need a healthy Davis, impactful Jackson-Davis, and Thompson to get plenty of run next season.

A positive spin to the outcome today, if it can be considered as such, is a NIT bid as 1 seed, or other high seed, would mean potentially one or more games for the Hoosiers in Assembly Hall, and an opportunity for Morgan to add to his career stats and move up the lists.  Big question however, is will this team be engaged and up to the task.

26 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Since very early in the season it was clear that we lacked a bruiser up front and a dead-eye from outside.  Those, unfortunately, were two weaknesses that cannot be cured though coaching and we had to make do with what we had. 

Man, I miss DJ White!

A positive spin to the outcome today, if it can be considered as such, is a NIT bid as 1 seed, or other high seed, would mean potentially one or more games for the Hoosiers in Assembly Hall, and an opportunity for Morgan to add to his career stats and move up the lists.  Big question however, is will this team be engaged and up to the task.
Yep but the team needs to show up and be engaged

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

This season is not ok by far. I would say most logical fans are extremely disappointed. This isn't Indiana basketball by far. I would say if you step away from the message board and got out in the general public the majority would be fed up and call this unacceptable

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I talked to some after the game and they weren't happy.  Problem is, the people in charge couldn't possibly care less.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Probably if archie fails he will go as well. Probably find out more next year

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Then I say they don't care.  He waited to long to fire Crean.  He hired a football coach without conducting a search.  He shouldn't get another year, he shouldn't been canned long before now.  The last thing we need is to give Glass more time to make stupid decisions.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm sick and tired of undersized players. Davis's teams lacked size. Crean's teams were usually small. Get some freaking size in here! Tired of having 6'8" guys getting pushed around in the low post.

I agree.  What I don’t understand is that we have a guy (Race) that albeit undersized has shown that he is more than willing to mix it up and he doesn’t see the court.  I like Juwan and I get that he is playing out of position but he has shown repeatedly he can’t match up against legit big men.  He kind of just goes away.  He showed that today a number of times.