Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

At the time it was considered a bigger project by most. 
Holtmann has done more with less two years in a row 

He has done more but not with less man. This year ok I can give that to you. Last year? No. We didn’t have a four year five star on our team. That said, I was all in on Holtman or Archie when we fired Crean. I still feel culture wise we will be better in the long run. But he has to win. Not sure he can go another year without making the tourney. Holtman was a great hire for them. They needed a new voice not a culture overhaul. Props to them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You are basically that Meme with the guy pointing to his head. “You can’t lose in the tourney if you don’t make the tourney”

Purdue has only lost first round twice in that timeframe btw. So keep making stuff up I guess 

SMH, the goal at IU is more than just making the tourney though no matter how much you want to move the goal posts.  I suspect you would be among the foremost of those complaining if Archie made the tournament the next 6 years in a row but lost in the round of 64 twice and never made it past the Sweet 16. 

Go build a shrine to Painter and Purdue if you want. (Or is it OSU and Holtman now?) Either way it is clear that you are determined not to have a rational conversation so I'm done. 

We are far less talented than most assume. Many Hoosier fans thought Morgan was a lock first team all B1G when he was in fact honorable mention. Then we act like the injuries didnt make a difference.
We had enough talent to make the tourney though and go 10-10 in conference.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last years B1G was bad. Last years team I think would have been around the 6-8 win mark in a 20 game schedule. This year they flat out underperformed.

5 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Certainly enough talent to go 10-10. Injuries and a lack of effort kept that from happening.

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Holtmann was a good hire for OSU at the time. His first 2 years have proven that it was a great hire. However he was never coming to IU. Snow said back during IU’s hiring that he didn’t know who they would get but he knew one that would turn them down in a heartbeat. Wanted no part of a pressure cooker job and more importantly that because of his love and respect for Butler he wouldn’t take another job in Indiana
Maybe Holtmann turns out to have the better career but that career was never going to be at IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is fair enough. It is easy to see how the Butler connection would make it too much of a betrayal. 

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Compare Miller and Holtmann at the five year mark. Bet there wont be much difference.

We will see but at this point Holtmann is the heavy favorite.

Despite a world class strength and conditioning coach who I think is excellent, Indiana played against a bigger stronger team today again.

At some point I’d like Indiana to have a Nick Ward, Kaleb Wesson, etc. heck even a Haarms or that foreign dude from Illinois.

A real true matchup problem.

Big guys killed us all season long. We don’t have that answer on the roster and we don’t have that guy recruited.

It’s no wonder Indiana’s best 2 seasons in a long while were anchored by Cody Zeller. And even he got manhandled in several matchups.

Anyway, TJD in my mind is more like Juwan Morgan than a true 5 but I hope I’m wrong.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, ThomasJane said:

This is fair enough. It is easy to see how the Butler connection would make it too much of a betrayal. 

We will see but at this point Holtmann is the heavy favorite.

I dont know why Holtmann would be a heavy favorite. He inherited a stud last year and this year he will squeak in the tournament without near the quality wins Archie had.

Despite a world class strength and conditioning coach who I think is excellent, Indiana played against a bigger stronger team today again.

At some point I’d like Indiana to have a Nick Ward, Kaleb Wesson, etc. heck even a Haarms or that foreign dude from Illinois.

Big guys killed us all season long. We don’t have that answer on the roster and we don’t have that guy recruited.

It’s no wonder Indiana’s best 2 seasons in a long while were anchored by Cody Zeller. And even he got manhandled in several matchups.

Anyway, TJD in my mind is more like Juwan Morgan than a true 5 but I hope I’m wrong.

Thoughts?

Your last piece on TJD. I was wondering this myself the other night and hope we are both wrong. If we’re not, next season going to provide much of the same probs we had this season in that aspect

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Thoughts?

Agree on almost all of your points.  If Davis sticks around and works hard over the summer maybe he could be our anchor in the paint.

21 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

SMH, the goal at IU is more than just making the tourney though no matter how much you want to move the goal posts.  I suspect you would be among the foremost of those complaining if Archie made the tournament the next 6 years in a row but lost in the round of 64 twice and never made it past the Sweet 16. 

Go build a shrine to Painter and Purdue if you want. (Or is it OSU and Holtman now?) Either way it is clear that you are determined not to have a rational conversation so I'm done. 

Lol I’m the one lacking rationality here?  We should be about winning tourneys. The first step to that is making it. 

Thoughts?

He is more and plays like a 5. He is a undersized 5. All his shots are dunks, post moves and layups. He weighs more then Morgan and I feel he will be able to handle the Bigs better then Morgan

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He is more and plays like a 5. He is a undersized 5. All his shots are dunks, post moves and layups. He weighs more then Morgan and I feel he will be able to handle the Bigs better then Morgan

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm sick and tired of undersized players. Davis's teams lacked size. Crean's teams were usually small. Get some freaking size in here! Tired of having 6'8" guys getting pushed around in the low post.