Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

Outside of a handful of games his offense really isn't good. I don't know what you expect him to be on that end. He shot 37% this year with 2.9 apg. Not a starting caliber B1G PG as of now. 

Where did I mention anything about his scoring? I said TO’s. All I wanted Rob to do today was be smart with the ball. Ohio State is not a defensive elite team so there’s no reason he couldn’t have had more assists than TO’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If Romeo has a decent chance at getting drafted.... Take it! Don’t risk a career ending injury without getting any money. Take the money and run dude. Personally though.... right now..... I don’t think he will thrive in the Association. Hope he does.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And won 2/3s of his games for 5 straight years Creans longest streak of that was 1

And you really think that would have kept the calls for Painter to be fired from getting really loud if he'd coached at IU? When I first noticed your signature I assumed you'd lost a bet, now I'm starting to wonder....

2 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

And you really think that would have kept the calls for Painter to be fired from getting really loud if he'd coached at IU? When I first noticed your signature I assumed you'd lost a bet, now I'm starting to wonder....

The dude wins. What more do you want?

Keion Brooks could really help the mood around here for the off-season.

Hard to see Holtmann go 4-0 against us after we handed him to OSU. No guarantee he would have came but it would have been likely in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I know I need to cool off from this loss, and I'm sure as heck pissed about this overall disappointing season, but there will be a tomorrow.  Miller will figure it out, or maybe he wont.  Some players will leave, some will stay.  Some players will choose IU, others wont.  There will always be ups and downs.  Indiana might never be as good as they once were--as much as we might all wish to relive those glory days of the late 20th century--there is a possibility that we never get that back.  But as long as Indiana puts out a product, I'm going to try to be supportive.  I'm not preaching to anyone in particular, except, however, myself.

I am there with you and agree.  Unfortunately tomorrow is likely to suck too when Keion chooses UK. Lol

Just now, A.j. Nigh said:

I am there with you and agree.  Unfortunately tomorrow is likely to suck too when Keion chooses UK. Lol

And if it happens, that's okay.  Wherever he goes, he is likely choosing it, in part or in whole, because it feels like the best place/step towards his goal of playing in the NBA.  I can't fault a kid for that.  I might not like his choice, but I respect his decision to make it.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The dude wins. What more do you want?

What I want is to understand how someone can hold Painter up as "dude that wins" and Purdue as a consistently successful program despite their wins and success being only marginally better than IU's. I'm trying to figure out if it is a complete lack of perspective or more of a recency bias thing. Purdue has been near their ceiling for much of Painter's term and IU has been at their floor for much of the last two decades and yet PU's ceiling is pretty similar to IU's floor. 

1 minute ago, hoosierbgh said:

What I want is to understand how someone can hold Painter up as "dude that wins" and Purdue as a consistently successful program despite their wins and success being only marginally better than IU's. I'm trying to figure out if it is a complete lack of perspective or more of a recency bias thing. Purdue has been near their ceiling for much of Painter's term and IU has been at their floor for much of the last two decades and yet PU's ceiling is pretty similar to IU's floor. 

Because it’s not marginally better lol. 

You seem to think that losing in the sweet sixteen is similar to missing the tourney. 

8 minutes ago, ThomasJane said:

Hard to see Holtmann go 4-0 against us after we handed him to OSU. No guarantee he would have came but it would have been likely in my eyes.

Comparing Holtmann's and Archie's first 2 years is not really fair. Yes, Archie did not do a great job, and the team should have been better, but Holtmann took over a team that was full of solid upperclassmen. Indiana plays 1 senior, 2 juniors (who both missed a lot of time this year), and the rest sophomores and freshmen. They took over teams that had performed poorly the year before, but the talent and experience were very different.

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Comparing Holtmann's and Archie's first 2 years is not really fair. Yes, Archie did not do a great job, and the team should have been better, but Holtmann took over a team that was full of solid upperclassmen. Indiana plays 1 senior, 2 juniors (who both missed a lot of time this year), and the rest sophomores and freshmen. They took over teams that had performed poorly the year before, but the talent and experience were very different.

At the time it was considered a bigger project by most. 

Holtmann has done more with less two years in a row