Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

IU administration doesn't care enough to get it right.  Bad coaching hires and waiting too long to fire subpar coaches.  The last 20 years is self inflicted.
I agree and I dont see it changing. I dont know if we ever win a national title again in my lifetime. Though I would say we have a better shot at that than the BTT. I doubt we ever win that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Between Knight's and Sampson's firing, IU has dealt with more turmoil than most programs. Sampson probably would have gotten IU back to being a consistently elite program if not for the ethics issues. Then Crean essentially took over an expansion team and couldn't build a consistent winner. I think we'll get there, but there's been a combination of bad luck and a few bad decisions that have combined to create a rough 20 years

I hope they get it back soon I’m old as hell along with a few friends on here:)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

NIT should be a chance for younger players to gain experience..IU will/should go where it deserves to go.

Saying IU is "too good" for NIT fools no one- 1 Final Four in over 30 years is the fact, Elite is Fantasy.

With good health, next year looks better-Morgan will be missed. more size inside a big need,

As is outside shooting..grab Sean from Sinclair, he has great range

Archie has BIG contract he is going nowhere..Glass will gofirst, may retire.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

So. We’ve come in last twice in that span and missed the tourney what 8 of the years?

Yes, and we've changed coaches multiple times leading to the ongoing instability. Crean was fired from IU for accomplishing about what Painter has at PU. 

NIT should be a chance for younger players to gain experience..IU will/should go where it deserves to go.
Saying IU is "too good" for NIT fools no one- 1 Final Four in over 30 years is the fact, Elite is Fantasy.
With good health, next year looks better-Morgan will be missed. more size inside a big need,
As is outside shooting..grab Sean from Sinclair, he has great range
Archie has BIG contract he is going nowhere..Glass will gofirst, may retire.
Nothing wrong with hanging an NIT banner considering how the season has gone. If we don't make it into the tournament like I don't think they will should be a 1 seed and play at home

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Because we have hired bad presidents and ADs who have no clue how or desire to build winning athletics programs. Glass has no business being an AD and the basketball program was neglected for decades. It was only six months ago it got a presentable lockerroom and players lounge!

17 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Stability in coaching. Keady to Painter, his protégée. Meanwhile in that same time we've had 5 coaches. Should have hired the right guy immediately after Knight.

OK, I can definitely see the truth in that part.  That's a damn lot of coaches.  Mike Davis is my favorite of the group by far.  I thought Miller was a good hire, but it's hard to argue with the results so far.  I think 2021 is the year.  Next year is going to be very bad.  If 2021 is also very bad, he's not the guy.

12 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I agree and I dont see it changing. I dont know if we ever win a national title again in my lifetime. Though I would say we have a better shot at that than the BTT. I doubt we ever win that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Forget national title.  Not going to happen for IU or Purdue.  I'd be ecstatic if we got to Elite 8 again in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Worth noting: some guy from WISHTV asked Romeo if his heart was set on his basketball plans for next year and he said, “No, sir.”

I would take Romeo if he wanted to come back, and fans that wouldn’t are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’d be ecstatic to have Romeo back. I’m so bummed right now

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’d be ecstatic to have Romeo back. I’m so bummed right now

I'm sure his advisors will help him make the right decision.  If he's really projecting as a lottery pick, the risk of coming back is very high, leaving a lot of money on the table if you get hurt, have a bad year, etc.

Yep, just about the only thing that can get this loss out of my mind fairly quickly is some good news tomorrow night. How great would it be if Romeo, Trayce and Keion have all talked about and formulated a plan to play together next year at IU.....highly unlikely and obviously a dream scenerio, but dang that would make this season hurt a lot less. 

Nothing wrong with hanging an NIT banner considering how the season has gone. If we don't make it into the tournament like I don't think they will should be a 1 seed and play at home

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are not consistent enough to win NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Worth noting: some guy from WISHTV asked Romeo if his heart was set on his basketball plans for next year and he said, “No, sir.”

I would take Romeo if he wanted to come back, and fans that wouldn’t are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If I was Romeo I wouldn't want to go out like this. 

But, I also wouldn't want to pass up millions of dollars. 

Selfishly I hope he's back next year.