Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

Lots of questionable takes out there
But if people graduate from IU their takes are valid? Do you see the arrogance and ignorance in your conclusions? Just because one person graduates from a school doesn't mean they have a better understanding of the game of basketball does it? Maybe it does and I'm just plain stupid because I graduated from a university not named Indiana.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty sure nobody said to fire him. Saying he'll be on the hot seat is quite different from saying "fire him". People laughed at me (wasn't on this board at the time) when I started saying Crean was on the hot seat in his final season. So I guess you all can laugh all you want but I bet I'm not far off if next year goes this badly or worse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I am a archie supporter but to suggest his seat isn't already warm would be naive. He has built a very good resume to be fired imo. This is indiana basketball and he is knocking down new walls of embarrassment. If we don't make the tournament next year I think he is and should be toast. These guys have shown they can play but decide not to for almost half the season? That is on him. I am not giving up but imo his seat is already hot

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think we're dead. Chances are obviously low, but other teams on the bubble losing could give us a chance. Stewart Mandel just said that he thinks the committee will love the quad 1 wins and that he thinks we've got a shot.
1% chance we get in.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

The question I have is, if Purdue can be a consistently good program, why cant IU?  I'm not being sarcastic in any way.  What has changed in the past 30 years?  Why is Purdue a perennial tournament team and IU isn't?  Never would have believed it.

Stability in coaching. Keady to Painter, his protégée. Meanwhile in that same time we've had 5 coaches. Should have hired the right guy immediately after Knight.

2 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

The question I have is, if Purdue can be a consistently good program, why cant IU?  I'm not being sarcastic in any way.  What has changed in the past 30 years?  Why is Purdue a perennial tournament team and IU isn't?  Never would have believed it.

Between Knight's and Sampson's firing, IU has dealt with more turmoil than most programs. Sampson probably would have gotten IU back to being a consistently elite program if not for the ethics issues. Then Crean essentially took over an expansion team and couldn't build a consistent winner. I think we'll get there, but there's been a combination of bad luck and a few bad decisions that have combined to create a rough 20 years

3 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

If we had Purdue's success, fans still wouldn't be happy.  And as long as he's been there and had lack of tournament success, there would have been plenty of fans calling for his head.

1 minute ago, iuecon99 said:

Putting aside the fact that Purdue hasn't really been consistently good all that long for a second, it's the stability and lack of major turmoil in the program. Keady handpicked Painter as his successor and Purdue has stuck with him through a few bad seasons and lack of tournament success. 

1 minute ago, tortex28 said:

Stability in coaching. Keady to Painter, his protégée. Meanwhile in that same time we've had 5 coaches. Should have hired the right guy immediately after Knight.

And Mike Davis got closer to a banner than either of them.

Just now, hoosierbgh said:

Putting aside the fact that Purdue hasn't really been consistently good all that long for a second, it's the stability and lack of major turmoil in the program. Keady handpicked Painter as his successor and Purdue has stuck with him through a few bad seasons and lack of tournament success. 

10 of 12 years they have finished above .500 in the conference. I think making the tourney all those years. 

I am a archie supporter but to suggest his seat isn't already warm would be naive. He has built a very good resume to be fired imo. This is indiana basketball and he is knocking down new walls of embarrassment. If we don't make the tournament next year I think he is and should be toast. These guys have shown they can play but decide not to for almost half the season? That is on him. I am not giving up but imo his seat is already hot

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

By missing the tourney again i would say the seat is getting warm. If he misses next year iu will have a big decision to make

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

IU administration doesn't care enough to get it right.  Bad coaching hires and waiting too long to fire subpar coaches.  The last 20 years is self inflicted.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Let's just say they weren't wishing him well heading into the NBA and leave it at that.

Romeo was pretty frustrating to watch for most of the year, but that's unfortunate to hear. Especially considering we're trying to get another guy with legit NBA dreams right now. He had a good, not great season, and he wasn't the savior we were all hoping for, but those expectations were too high. He didn't have the season he was hoping for, and he won't be remembered as an IU legend in the way Yogi and Zeller will be, but there's no reason to get on him as fans

3 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Should have hired the right guy immediately after Knight.

That certainly would have helped. Unfortunately the best available coach at that time wasn't healthy enough for the job. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

10 of 12 years they have finished above .500 in the conference. I think making the tourney all those years. 

They missed the tourney two years in a row in the middle of those 12 seasons, finishing last in the BIG in 14'.