Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

I’d rather watch anything else then an uninspired IU team in the nit. If they aren’t gonna be up for a game like this, then they will sleep walk through an nit game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You don’t have to watch it but I am sure you will.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Who wants to watch this team play more? If we are considered a blue blood, why let that fade even more by accepting an NIT bid. We have players with 1 foot out the door and others that are going to transfer. Just let this season die and prepare for the future 

I think you answered your question.  This team is not a blue blood.  You can't be this bad for this long and still be one.  Duke, Kentucky, UNC NEVER would have a few decade period where the program is an afterthought.

The Indiana Basketball Twitter account said “Ready to leave it all out there.” I hope these guys look back and ask themselves if they left it all on the court today. Their answer should be unanimously “no” besides Green. And even he had boneheaded plays that killed us. Sickening way to go out watching what we did the last 5 minutes. I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Let’s go win the dang thing. Might as well. 

At this point it is what it is. We will not turn down a NIT bid. Now if Glass does some crazy **** like he did a couple of years ago I would rather turn it down. Extra practice. Tournament style experience.

23 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

Romeo will not score 1000 points in his NBA career.  I don't know what the scouts saw in this guy but man if you can't even be competitive at this level?!  And not try?  Terrible effort on defense and rebounding.

How much you willing to bet on that statement?

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

as others have said, S/O to Devonte for today’s showing. He had some boneheaded plays but he single-handedly kept us in the game. Extremely disappointed with everyone else, including coaches. This year needs to be over. No NIT, just offseason. We need to get rid of the bad apples and figure out who wants to be here and give it all for the TEAM. 

I'm with you -- and we're probably in the minority -- but I just have no interest in the NIT. Maybe after I cool off a bit, I'll change my thinking ... but after today's performance, I'd just as soon this season be over, and let's start thinking about the next. 

Here’s hoping Keion commits, Hunter becomes healthy and there is a personality/culture change on this team next year. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I'm with you -- and we're probably in the minority -- but I just have no interest in the NIT. Maybe after I cool off a bit, I'll change my thinking ... but after today's performance, I'd just as soon this season be over, and let's start thinking about the next. 

I’d argue we’re in the majority. I know many others that agree with me

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I'd be more interested if I felt we could do anything. Our last two NIT appearances have been total crap. We'll probably play at home, score 55 points and lose by double digits.

The Indiana Basketball Twitter account said “Ready to leave it all out there.” I hope these guys look back and ask themselves if they left it all on the court today. Their answer should be unanimously “no” besides Green. And even he had boneheaded plays that killed us. Sickening way to go out watching what we did the last 5 minutes. I just don’t get it.

I’m afraid it was more than the last 5 minutes...like the whole game.

I don't know who is going to replace Delaney when he leaves, but this tackle basketball has to stop! It does not make the B1G any better than other conferences and I really believe that it hurts B1G teams in the NCAA tourney. There were soooo many non-calls today that it was ridiculous! How can you not call a foul on Jallow for flying into a jump ball situation that results in AD getting elbowed in the back of the head while getting slammed to the ground?