Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU v OSU BTT Thread

Not sure what our NIT chances are. Guess it depends on how many regular-season conference champions lose in their tournaments, but TBH, I'd just as soon skip it. ... To play like we did for 35 minutes, when we knew we could still get an NCAA bid, is ridiculous. I just don't get it.

All the gains we had made over the past four games were flushed down the toilet. 

as others have said, S/O to Devonte for today’s showing. He had some boneheaded plays but he single-handedly kept us in the game. Extremely disappointed with everyone else, including coaches. This year needs to be over. No NIT, just offseason. We need to get rid of the bad apples and figure out who wants to be here and give it all for the TEAM. 

Pathetic. Can’t wait for “I gotta do better” segment of Archie’s post game. No **** Sherlock. 

God stop saying it and start doing it. Stop playing guys that give us nothing. 

Who should he have played during IU’s 26-9 run?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Great game from Green today. If he doesn’t have that game we lose by 20.

It won’t be popular but I see why the coaches kept Morgan off the All Big Ten teams.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You’re right though.  People wanted accountability, during that late run from down 20 it was Green, Al, Romeo, Davis, and Fitz.  And they stayed on the court as they should have, as they cut the lead to 3.

I was all over Green early when he was bad, but props to him for coming to play.  Without his fearless shooting we aren’t even close to being in the game.  
Tje guy can flat out shoot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, Ranger78 said:

We played like crap for most of the game, but those officials should be banned from officiating. They were awful.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A significant part of the playing like crap was the abuse they were taking. They'll probably be given raises. BIG has to protect the team that is projected to be in the tournament. Now, tomorrow they will likely protect MSU's tourney seed and OSU won't get those calls. 

So perplexed at Justin's play today. He looked just flat-out scared. After missing his first five shots, he seemed to have no interest in trying to score. He had several times in which he was inside the top of the key and his defender was laying way off him. If he looks to drive, he can either stop and pop, go to the bucket or kick it out. But every time, he just handed it off. ... Amazing how his game, after being so elevated the past four games, just completely disappeared today. 

Why are you guys down on the NIT invite and probable 1 seed we will get?

I’d rather watch anything else then an uninspired IU team in the nit. If they aren’t gonna be up for a game like this, then they will sleep walk through an nit game.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Who wants to watch this team play more? If we are considered a blue blood, why let that fade even more by accepting an NIT bid. We have players with 1 foot out the door and others that are going to transfer. Just let this season die and prepare for the future 

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

That's a good point actually.  This team could win the NIT.  Probably wouldn't have made it out of First Four in the NCAA.

Who wants to watch this team play more? If we are considered a blue blood, why let that fade even more by accepting an NIT bid. We have players with 1 foot out the door and others that are going to transfer. Just let this season die and prepare for the future 

Me?