Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

B1G Tournament - Non-IU Games

First MSU possession Winston gets Wesson on a switch. He gets a little space going left and Wesson bumps him. In any other high major conference, that’s a foul. In the Big Ten, it’s “good defense.” If you’re an elite guard why would you want to play in the Big Ten?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

First MSU possession Winston gets Wesson on a switch. He gets a little space going left and Wesson bumps him. In any other high major conference, that’s a foul. In the Big Ten, it’s “good defense.” If you’re an elite guard why would you want to play in the Big Ten?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Exactly. Romeo would’ve dominated any other league because he’d be at the free throw line literally all the time.

The lack of calls he got, especially when driving, drove me insane this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not exactly sure of all the intricacies of the rules of a flagrant 1 foul, but the MSU kid caught ball, had three guys up in his grill and when he went to pivot, one of the OSU kids caught an elbow in the throat. And Sparty got a flagrant 1. I just don't like that call. What's he supposed to do? Stand there and let the OSU players hammer away at him and take the ball? All he did was make a simple move. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not exactly sure of all the intricacies of the rules of a flagrant 1 foul, but the MSU kid caught ball, had three guys up in his grill and when he went to pivot, one of the OSU kids caught an elbow in the throat. And Sparty got a flagrant 1. I just don't like that call. What's he supposed to do? Stand there and let the OSU players hammer away at him and take the ball? All he did was make a simple move. 

Agree, not a flagrant foul. Ward grabbed the rebound, was not swinging elbows, Woods sticks his face where it doesn't belong.  Now the obvious hook on hold against Morgan yesterday was not called, and there was all kinds of video evidence to review of that obvious foul, and it was not called.