Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

The Crock of Crap B1G Postseason Awards Thread

Honestly I thought Romeo was our best player and the coaches put him second team which I thought was fine. The fact that the COACHES gave Juwan honorable mention was telling.

This is true, but think it’s a toss-up between those two for me, largely based on intangibles. Coaches are likely thinking of who is more difficult to game-plan for, and I think that’s certainly Romeo. Have been glad they’ve pointed out how much his defense has grown. He’s been really underrated on that end of the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure the players really care, but I hope Juwan’s ticked about being a 3rd teamer and Romeo for being snubbed for freshman of year. Would be awesome to see these guys light it up on the same coaches who may’ve not voted for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Come on guys. Edwards was a first teamer last year and again the best player on another B1G championship team. Lets not go overboard here.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s played a lot worse this year than last year

Exactly Brass!

He has shot horribly, and his assist to TO ratio? 3.0 assists and 3.1 turnovers per game. 

Edwards has likely played himself out of being drafted, and has played a whole lotta hero ball this year.

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Exactly Brass!

He has shot horribly, and his assist to TO ratio? 3.0 assists and 3.1 turnovers per game. 

Edwards has likely played himself out of being drafted, and has played a whole lotta hero ball this year.

And he led the conference in scoring and won the B1G.......

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

And he led the conference in scoring and won the B1G.......

He also led the conference in shots taken ... by a lot!

'He' didn't co-share win the conference; Purdoo did. 

Simpson and Winston are two guards who also 'won the conference', and were far more efficient players.Edwards took almost 200 more shots than Winston!

Edwards: 3.0 assists to 3.1 turnovers

Winston: 7.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers

Simpson: 6.3 assists to 2.0 turnovers

For the love of all mighty! - check this out:

Ryan Cline: 3.2 assists (more than Edwards!) to 1.3 turnovers on 42% fg (7% higher than Edwards) and 42% 3pt (9% higher than Edwards)

Soooo; Edwards own teammate had much, much  higher shooting percentages, and a much, much better a/to ration with more assists.

Edwards had a lousy year.

He also led the conference in shots taken ... by a lot!
'He' didn't co-share win the conference; Purdoo did. 
Simpson and Winston are two guards who also 'won the conference', and were far more efficient players.Edwards took almost 200 more shots than Winston!
Edwards: 3.0 assists to 3.1 turnovers
Winston: 7.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers
Simpson: 6.3 assists to 2.0 turnovers
For the love of all mighty! - check this out:
Ryan Cline: 3.2 assists (more than Edwards!) to 1.3 turnovers on 42% fg (7% higher than Edwards) and 42% 3pt (9% higher than Edwards)

Soooo; Edwards own teammate had much, much  higher shooting percentages, and a much, much better a/to ration with more assists.
Edwards had a lousy year.

You didn’t check the most important box for Ryan Cline

Was he hyped up all off season and during the season?

Carsen Edwards is a good player. Purdue is a good team. They both had a **** ton go their way to win the Big Ten and be a first teamer. They will struggle in the tourney because it’s a different style of basketball. Edwards will have a game where he struggles but keeps shooting. That’ll do them in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app