Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

The Crock of Crap B1G Postseason Awards Thread

Carsen Edwards 1st team?!?
He has been horrible.

Just goes to show...if you shoot 25 times a game and have the media talk about you all year, it doesn’t matter how many shots go in or really how your all-around game is. These awards are so shallow and frankly given out by people that don’t know much about basketball. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IDK.

Juwan probably deserved 2nd team but Indiana being #9 of 14 hurt him and Romeo as it probably should.

As far as Edwards. He’s the leader/go to guy for the team that tied for #1 in the BIG. Yes, he’s a volume shooter/scorer and sometimes/often takes terrible shots but he makes plays and they win games. He’s much better than us fans want to give him credit for

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s played a lot worse this year than last year

Completely agree with this. I don’t think he’s entitled because he was a first teamer last year. As far as all-around player, I would argue he’s not the best on his team. Certainly gets the most attention. Media will always tell you the “volume scorer/shooter” is the best player on a team.

Just now, DLG3 said:

Completely agree with this. I don’t think he’s entitled because he was a first teamer last year. As far as all-around player, I would argue he’s not the best on his team. Certainly gets the most attention. Media will always tell you the “volume scorer/shooter” is the best player on a team.

Who would be the best player on that team? LOL!

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Honestly I thought Romeo was our best player and the coaches put him second team which I thought was fine. The fact that the COACHES gave Juwan honorable mention was telling.

The coaches put Jordan Bohanon on the third team.  He's a 12/2/3 player who shot 38% and isn't a particularly good defender.  So have to say I'm not sure the coaches votes are real good.

Hell, Bohanon had a worse season than Ryan freaking Cline and Cline played on a team that tied for the title.