Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

You be the Committee

1 hour ago, BottomLine said:

Wednesday's games are through.  TCU was a winner and moves on.  Butler is back on the shelf after losing to Providence.  Thursday is going to be a big day.  14 teams still fighting for the last 6 spots.  You can't enjoy the scramble without a schedule.  And, of course, there is always the possibility that some outside team will win one of the conference tourneys and ****** one of the spots.

Murray State  Won OVC tourney and is in field of 68

St Mary's      Won WCC tourney and is in field of 68

TCU            Kansas State (Thur)

NC State       Virginia (Thur)

Florida       Arkansas (Thur)

Alabama        Ole Miss (Thur)

Seton Hall    Georgetown (Thur)

Indiana       Ohio State (Thur)

Ohio State    Indiana (Thur)

Creighton     Xavier (Thur)

Arizona St    Stanford/UCLA winner (Thur)

Dayton        St Louis/Richmond winner (Fri)

Temple        Wichita St/ECU (Fri)

Clemson        DONE - Lost to NC State

Furman        DONE - Lost to UNC Greensboro

Butler        Done - Lost to Providence

Furman and SOCON is another interesting group. Furman is 41 NET, UNCG in the low 50s IIRC, and Wofford is top 20 and should get in regardless. Need to cheer hard for UNCG to lose. 

Starting to look like almost nobody wants to fight their way into the tournament:

Florida - Beat Arkansas on Thur

Ohio State - Beat Indiana on Thur

Alabama - Beat  Ole Miss on Thur -

TCU - Lost to Kansas St on Thur

Indiana - Lost to Ohio State on Thur

Creighton - Lost to Xavier on Thur

Nc State - Lost to Virginia on Thur

Butler - Lost to Providence on Wed

Clemson - Lost to NC State on Wed

Furman - Lost to UNC Greensboro on Wed

Seton Hall v. Georgetown on Thur

ASU v.UCLA on Thur

Dayton v. Richmond/St Louis winner on Fri

Temple v. Wichita State/ECU winner on Friday

Edited by BottomLine
update

Starting to look like almost nobody wants to fight their way into the tournament:
Furman - Lost to UNC Greensboro on Friday

Alabama v. Ole Miss on Thur
ASU v.UCLA on Thur

St. John’s getting destroyed tonight too!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Alabama - Beat  Ole Miss on Thur -
Furman - Lost to UNC Greensboro on Wed

ASU v.UCLA on Thur

If a lot of these go our way there’s a shot, kinda like Cuse last year. I know it’s highly, highly unrealistic but I can’t give up hope just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

If a lot of these go our way there’s a shot, kinda like Cuse last year. I know it’s highly, highly unrealistic but I can’t give up hope just yet.

We would have the worst record in the history of at large bids. We aren’t getting in. 

Touche, but I still think there’s no chance in hell with our conference record. 

Not taken into consideration. Iowa St and Florida St have both gotten an at-large bid being 4 games under .500 in conference  But I agree I have them out after the loss however there are still some that are projecting them still.

Not taken into consideration. Iowa St and Florida St have both gotten an at-large bid being 4 games under .500 in conference  But I agree I have them out after the loss however there are still some that are projecting them still.  

Projecting iu in? Who?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes Bailey still projected them in just like some are still projecting Texas in. People value different things and some really put an emphasis on those Quad 1 wins and the fact IU has 0 Quad 3 or 4 losses

If enough teams lose it wouldn’t shock me, just up to the committee to take us over an Alabama or UNC-G. Can’t have bid thieves or bubble teams to keep winning though.

Just keeping it real- there is no chance to get in.  The loser of IU/OSU was going to be out.  IU only played hard for 5 minutes out of 40.  So let's hope for an NIT title.

Hate being the optimist today in regards to the NCAA chances but Bleacher Report’s bracketology guy has IU as an 11 seed versus Buffalo. “Fifth-to-Last In: Indiana Hoosiers (17-15)
Three Best Wins: at Michigan State, vs. Michigan State, vs. Wisconsin
Three Worst Losses: at Rutgers, at Northwestern, vs. Ohio State

By now, you know the deal with Indiana: six Quadrant 1 wins, no Quadrant 3 or Quadrant 4 losses, but 15 total losses. In addition to the three wins listed above, the Hoosiers also won home games against Louisville and Marquette during nonconference play. That should be enough. Vanderbilt earned a No. 9 seed two years ago with 15 losses—one of which was a terrible misstep against a team outside the RPI Top 250. And this year's bubble is even weaker than that year's was.”

10 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Hopefully the committee doesn’t put that big of an emphasis on Q1 wins. Indiana doesn’t deserve it. Texas definitely doesn’t deserve in. TCU, Oklahoma, St. John’s, Georgetown and some others don’t either.

Well joe there will be at least 4 teams that make it that people will consider “not deserving it”. Hopefully the committee doesn’t put emphasis on number of garbage wins against garbage Q4 teams.  Lipscomb, UNCG,NC State, Furman definitely doesn’t deserve in. Regardless you have to fill the bracket to 68. Some will be happy and most will not

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Well joe there will be at least 4 teams that make it that people will consider “not deserving it”. Hopefully the committee doesn’t put emphasis on number of garbage wins against garbage Q4 teams.  Lipscomb, UNCG,NC State, Furman definitely doesn’t deserve in. Regardless you have to fill the bracket to 68. Some will be happy and most will not

So you’re saying there’s a chance? I think with the new quad system it favors a resume like ours and may pull us across the finish line