Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

You be the Committee

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Hardly surprising that his bracket is set up so that if we do get in and win a game, we most would likely face Houston. ... The NCAA LOVES matchups like that. Of course, I'm getting way, way ahead of myself. We have to get in first. And then win a game. 

I was a big Mike and Mike listener years ago and I remember (I think 2007)they were upset that IU was a 7 seed and Texas Tech was a 10 seed and they were in different regions. Never understood why they didn't choose that matchup. But please, let's have another IU-UK matchup. 

First off, I just hope we get in and don't have to play in Dayton, although it would be ironic, don't ya think. 

Having said that though and based on the link provided to the bracketoligist that has us as an 11 seed, personally, I would rather be the 11 seed than 7-10.  7-10 if you win, has to then play the 1 or 2 seed.  Would much rather have to play 3 seed.  Now that is assuming you beat the 6 seed.  However, in this case, this year, I feel like we will be under seeded virtually anywhere we are seeded if we continue to play the way we are playing right now so I'd rather play the 6 then 3 vs the 7-10 then 1 or 2.  

I love the mindset that coach Miller has with this stuff.  He doesn't like to project anything, he just says "we just have to win, that's all we are worried about".  I think they are in if they win Thursday, regardless of Michigan State game.  

I hope Coach Miller and this group starts a new tradition, get to Sunday on the B1G tournament!  To win in the NCAA tournament, it is important to be a good tournament team.  Making adjustments by coaches, players buying in to scouting reports and applying them in the game are all characteristics of good tournament teams.  Archie has shown the ability to win tournament style games, now its time for the team to show what they are made of.  

Go Hoosiers!!

Can anyone please explain to me how Lunardi still has Texas in and us out? 

Texas - 16-15 (NET: 52, SOS: 20, 6-11 v Q1, 8-14 v Q1/2, 0 bad L's and 1-4 in last 5)

IU - 17-14 (NET: 50, SOS: 38, 6-9 v Q1, 8-14 v Q1/2, 0 bad L's, 5 and 4-1 in last 5)

Tougher SOS for UT but one team is on the rise and one is falling fast. Plus they have an extra loss. I don't know how you say they are a better team in the field of 64

Texas - 16-15 (NET: 52, SOS: 20, 6-11 v Q1, 8-14 v Q1/2, 0 bad L's and 1-4 in last 5)
IU - 17-14 (NET: 50, SOS: 38, 6-9 v Q1, 8-14 v Q1/2, 0 bad L's, 5 and 4-1 in last 5)
Tougher SOS for UT but one team is on the rise and one is falling fast. Plus they have an extra loss. I don't know how you say they are a better team in the field of 64

Texas is NET 39

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Any power conference team with 6 quad 1 wins should be in before a team like Belmont, St Mary's, or Furman for example. If you're in a dog crap conference, win that auto bid or stay home.

Thanks it was from March 9th so might have been a tad outdated. I still don't understand why they are in over us but this week will play itself out anyways in a lot of these first round tournament matchups. 

Each bracketologist has their own set of guidelines they go by but like you said this is a case that will work itself out. If Texas loses they won’t be in his bracket. For me personally the minute the became 16-15 they automatically were removed from my bracket because committee has never picked a team that is only 1 game over 500. Just like IU didn’t enter my bracket until they became 16-14. 16-14 is the worst record an at-large has ever had. Normally what happens is these early conference tournament become elimination games. IU/Ohio St, Nc State/Clemson. Texas can’t lose. TCU/Oklahoma (I think Oklahoma can lose and feel safe

I was a big Mike and Mike listener years ago and I remember (I think 2007)they were upset that IU was a 7 seed and Texas Tech was a 10 seed and they were in different regions. Never understood why they didn't choose that matchup. But please, let's have another IU-UK matchup. 

You still listen to Mike and Mike/ Golic and Wingo? I did for awhile but just have not enjoyed the switch. Nothing major to complain about but it has been months since I listened

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

You still listen to Mike and Mike/ Golic and Wingo? I did for awhile but just have not enjoyed the switch. Nothing major to complain about but it has been months since I listened

I don't anymore. More of a podcast guy going to work now. 

1 hour ago, JVIU98 said:

I love the mindset that coach Miller has with this stuff.  He doesn't like to project anything, he just says "we just have to win, that's all we are worried about".  I think they are in if they win Thursday, regardless of Michigan State game.  

I hope Coach Miller and this group starts a new tradition, get to Sunday on the B1G tournament!  To win in the NCAA tournament, it is important to be a good tournament team.  Making adjustments by coaches, players buying in to scouting reports and applying them in the game are all characteristics of good tournament teams.  Archie has shown the ability to win tournament style games, now its time for the team to show what they are made of.  

Go Hoosiers!!

That was one thing I was hoping Archie would bring to the table...success in the Big Ten Tournament. 

Each bracketologist has their own set of guidelines they go by but like you said this is a case that will work itself out. If Texas loses they won’t be in his bracket. For me personally the minute the became 16-15 they automatically were removed from my bracket because committee has never picked a team that is only 1 game over 500. Just like IU didn’t enter my bracket until they became 16-14. 16-14 is the worst record an at-large has ever had. Normally what happens is these early conference tournament become elimination games. IU/Ohio St, Nc State/Clemson. Texas can’t lose. TCU/Oklahoma (I think Oklahoma can lose and feel safe

Is Temple safe if they lose their first AAC game to Wichita State or ECU? I think WSU would be a quad 2 loss but ECU would be a quad 4 loss.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Is Temple safe if they lose their first AAC game to Wichita State or ECU? I think WSU would be a quad 2 loss but ECU would be a quad 4 loss.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably not. I definitely wouldn’t want to lose to ECU being the last thing the committee sees before selection Sunday

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Any power conference team with 6 quad 1 wins should be in before a team like Belmont, St Mary's, or Furman for example. If you're in a dog crap conference, win that auto bid or stay home.

On Belmont i disagree. Having watched them play I know they could do better if given the opportunity against Q1 teams. Are they better than IU, nope not recently. Are they better than Texas, TCU, St Johns, Florida or Clemson. I think so. They had to play a lottery pick to make the tourney and lost. That is the only mid major I would let in that didn't get the auto berth outside of Wofford/Buffalo. They all pass the eye test and I want the best 64 teams in. 

First off, I just hope we get in and don't have to play in Dayton, although it would be ironic, don't ya think. 

Having said that though and based on the link provided to the bracketoligist that has us as an 11 seed, personally, I would rather be the 11 seed than 7-10.  7-10 if you win, has to then play the 1 or 2 seed.  Would much rather have to play 3 seed.  Now that is assuming you beat the 6 seed.  However, in this case, this year, I feel like we will be under seeded virtually anywhere we are seeded if we continue to play the way we are playing right now so I'd rather play the 6 then 3 vs the 7-10 then 1 or 2.  

Completely agree, gotta beat OSU though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For superstitious reasons I won't open the "Can the Hoosiers go dancing?" thread, so sorry if already posted.  I saw this tweet, can't help but wonder how it affects things.

https://twitter.com/kylamb8/status/1104793214463234048

This worries me a bit because I hear national guys talking about other teams injuries but not ours.

This worries me a bit because I hear national guys talking about other teams injuries but not ours.

You might not hear about the injuries with the national media but a representative from the B1G will be relaying injury information and other information to the committee before they are reviewing team sheets